With chapek out, any chance fastpass returns?

Apologize if this has already been talked about, but any chance fast pass comes back? I really enjoyed planning our trips around our daily 3 free fast passes.

3 Likes
1 Like

As long as Disney Inc is a slave to profit and quarterly numbers, they’ll never get rid of something that is basically free money for them. Once attendance drops off as a direct result to the price of G+, then something might change.

3 Likes

I doubt that. Changes to G+ sure? Like easier rules, more transparent pricing but I don’t see a free version coming back. Most theme parks offer paid skip the line passes.

2 Likes

Genie and paid fastpasses were Iger’s babies. Whether Genie+ is what we would have got under Iger is another question, but we were going to pay for “FP” regardless.

And the thought was simple. They didn’t want to take something that had been free and charge for it. So fastpass was replaced.

Not to say G+ couldn’t change, there were already significant changes coming in early 2023. So it may now change back to what was originally envisaged.

2 Likes

The ability to plan our trip 90 days out (I think that was when fast pass opened) is worth extra money in my opinion. I just don’t want to wake up early day of visit and hope for the best.

4 Likes

It was 60 onsite and 30 off. They need to offer more onsite perks so maybe they could let onsite book in advance at least.

8 Likes

love that idea. We like to stay onsite, so that would make me very happy!

2 Likes

If I have to pay for Genie+, I would much rather pay for Genie+ and book three attractions shortly after ADRs. I really don’t want to have to do the 7 am Genie+ mad rush every morning I’m going to the park while I’m on vacation!

8 Likes

Yes. I say bring FPP system back and charge for it.

4 Likes

If you really want to use Genie+ I will say that being able to book at 7AM that first LL is somewhat motivating to stay onsite vs. off. Having to wait until park open to book that first pass seems daunting to be able to land anything high demand at a reasonable hour. Although maybe that’s more FOMO than reality on my part…

[Correction: LL can be booked by all at 7AM, it is only ILL$ that off-site cannot book at 7 and must wait until park open.]

1 Like

My guess is that would take years to have something like that again. They have to measure the profitabilty of G+ compared to fastpass (if they even find a reason to consider that.) Complaints + money loss might result in change, but if attendance is still strong, and good money is coming in, no need to change anything. I’m 137% “pro” old fastpass system, but, money talks. There’s probably a ton of behind the scenes stuff that is in place for G+, and if I had to guess, there’s some kinda contract in place that says it will be in place for some amount of time, or a penalty might need to be paid for the contract to be broken, or the people working under that contract will still be paid for the length of the contract. Just a guess, especially if the behind the scenes stuff has a lot to do with non-Disney employees. From experience, 3rd party contracts are rock solid, dare I say fool-proof. A decent amount of big-time companies hire overseas 3rd party agencies based on “savings,” assuming that the agencies would actually care about anything other than the rules of the contract. No more, no less. Oooops, sorry for the mini-rant. I’ve seen this type of thing a LOT, tho. The execs usually jump ship when they see the dumpster fire they caused by hiring the agencies. What’s even funnier, is that the execs can get a BETTER job, after showing another company how much money they saved the last company, while the last company’s infrastructure is crumbling from the inside.

1 Like

Onsite and offsite are identical for G+. Only for $ILL does onsite have an advantage in being able to book at 7am rather than park open. That really only matters for RotR.

4 Likes

Thank you for the clarification. $ILL for Guardians doesn’t go that fast? Mildly surprised - must be the virtual queue presence that slows down paid demand somewhat.

1 Like

You’re probably right, bc GotG is really easy to get as an $ILL.

3 Likes

Everyone can book LLs at 7am.

It’s only the ILLs that onsite guests have that advantage for.

1 Like

Thanks. I edited my original and added a correction at the bottom to avoid confusing folks.

2 Likes

Or even pre-reserve for onsite and day-of for the plebs.
But regardless of the details, any pre-reserve advantage would be huge on-site advantage.

1 Like

I agree with you that I liked to have my 1st 3 rides locked in. I haven’t felt like planning a trip since they changed it. I’m sure I could get used to the new system but it seems too complicated to my addled brain.

1 Like