Will They Measure DS2 for Rise?

Will they measure DS2 for Rise? I was planning to RS Rise because I think it will be too intense for both DS2 and DS5. When we measured him a month ago he was 1 inch short barefoot but we’d rather him not be measured so we can count on the RS. We’re hoping to get on Rise during EE so if we can’t RS, it will most likely prevent someone from riding at all. If we walk up with him in a stroller and ask for RS will they just say yes? (He does look like a 4 year old).

2 Likes

People RS for reasons other than height so you shouldn’t have a problem. But I’ve never done it myself. I’m sure someone has that will chime in as well.

3 Likes

You can ride swap for a child just not wanting to ride. We didn’t use it on out most recent trip, but 3 years ago our youngest was tall enough but didn’t want to ride Space or RnRC. No problems getting the rider swap.

2 Likes

No, I do not think that if you show a 2 year old in a stroller that you will get any questions at all! (on any ride!) Also, for what it is worth our DS4 chickened out on our second ride, poor guy, and they gave me the RS with no problem. We even got a nice backstage tour as we had to exit the line. And obviously he was tall enough to ride.

3 Likes

Oh that’s great to hear! I thought I had read the opposite somewhere. What a relief!

I read this and thought you were trying to get him onto Rise when he wasn’t maybe tall enough and thought “Um, yes they will for sure measure”. But for rider swap no, I think you just need to go up, have him in the stroller, gesture in his direction and say “We need to rider swap” and they won’t think twice. Like other people have said it’s not only for kids who aren’t tall enough. From the Disney website on the Rider Switch page: “If a child does not meet the height requirement or a Guest does not wish to board a particular attraction, no problem!”

4 Likes

yes this! I saw them check height on a kid right at the very end (clearly the kid had passed through several checkpoints.) It was so fun- like an attraction all in itself bc the first order people really played into it. (I mean, the kid was tall enough, so had they been playing “mean” and then not let him ride in the end it would have been a disaster. But it was amusing to watch for me…)

3 Likes