Will My Tried and True AK Plan Still Work?

We have toured AK the same way for many many trips. Does this plan still make sense with the addition of G+?

Pick Up EE G+ at 7am
Arrive at park on hopefully the first bus from YC
RD FOP
EE X 2 or 3 depending on crowds
KS Hopefully with G+
. . .
Maybe pick up another G+
Lunch at Yak and Yeti ADR 11:00
See where the day takes us

TIA

I think that should basically work fine. The 2 LLs that go fastest are KS and Navi. If you get EE first, then grabbing KS next should give you ~mid-day, so not right after EE. Alternatively, get KS at 7am (or maybe a little after if you don’t want it too early) and then do EE standby after FOP and again with G+ later. Have a great trip!

2 Likes

Thank you! We have always gotten to the rope early enough so when FOP was finished, we walked over to EE and it was still almost a walk on. Our last two visits were after FP but before G+. We will hope for the best!

Let us know how it goes! When are you there?

Will do! :slightly_smiling_face: Saturday, July 30 - Thursday, August 4 are the dates. Wednesday is our AK day.

2 Likes

Exciting!!

1 Like

We have done this many times adding a KRR. Looking forward to your report!

1 Like

Sounds perfect. Friends did just that the week of July 4. KS was easy and early G+.

1 Like

Just back today! Wednesday went well! Our room was at the far end of the YC. Getting to the bus stop was a hike and we left the room and headed to the bus stop at 6:15 for a 7:30 AK opening. The bus came around 6:30. We were held at the typical spots: security, tap machine, (checked our bands for Early Entry just past the tap in spot), and at the bridge. We weren’t let in until some time around 7:20. (At 7:00, we made a G+ for Safari for about 9-10.) It was a mad rush as usual. We only had to walk through the queue and were on the ride in no time. We headed to EE and as we approached, we saw that it was down. We were going to head to Dinosaur, but just as we were walking by, it opened! We were able to ride twice. The stand by line built much faster this summer now that G+ is in use. Last summer, we were able to do three rides. At that point, we were able to use our G+ for Safari. After tapping in, we made a G+/LL reservation for Navi at 12-1:00ish. We then walked the trail by the ride. Then DD wanted to check out the golden statues with her new band. We took a few minutes to walk the trail around the Tree of Life. We had an ADR at Yak and Yeti for 11:00. After lunch we got a Dole Whip on the way to Navi. We were exhausted and went back to the hotel for a nap. So, our plan still works!

5 Likes

What was the standby wait for KS at 9-ish? Thinking of doing FoP-Navi-KS when we go at the end of the month.

That’s what we were thinking! At AK this morning. Now I’m re-thinking my plan to go FOP, KS standby, genie + for EE at 7am and genie + for Navi at 10am.

I don’t remember, but the standby seemed very long and I was glad I had G+.

Just keep in mind that the later you try for your 2nd G+, the later the return time. As soon as you tap into your first G+, you can make your next G+. You probably already know this, but you mentioned getting Navi at 10 am. So I just wanted to make sure you knew that you did not have to wait until 10 if you have already used the 1st G+. When I made my 2nd G+ for Navi, I had just tapped into KS. At that time Navi was not available until after lunch. Have a great time! I am jealous because I have to go back to work today. :slightly_smiling_face: