Will my 4 year old pass for 40 inches?

But he didn’t. We took the folded socks out after he got off the ride.

2 Likes

Just do this for the queue. Right before the queue, we took his shoes off, stuck in two insoles, they were a bit tight but walkable. After the ride, we took them out.

2 Likes

Kinda devious, aren’t we? I’m just glad they don’t go by weight. “Matchstick” is what comes to mind when describing my youngest!

Ha, my youngest too. He keeps growing taller not wider, so he was tall enough for everything he wanted to ride, but I always checked the restraints to make sure he wasn’t going to slip out. :grin:

1 Like

I took my two year old in Soarin—she was just a hair over 40” (she’s always been crazy tall). The ride itself didn’t bother her, but I will say that despite being tall enough, I had a fear she might slip out of the chair/harness because she was still petite. In retrospect, we should have played it safe and skipped it. I still get sweaty palms thinking about it!

3 Likes

I can’t recall which ride, but when we went to Universal/Disney with my DD9 and DS6, on three across rides we often sat with DS6 which left DD9 with strangers. She is very independent, so it worked well except there was one ride she was seated next to a rather large person which prevented the lap bar from securing her well. The guy realized the issue as the ride started and tried to suck it in and look out for her, but it made for an anxious ride for both of them. In retrospect, we should have had her ride with dad/brother and me with the strangers. Just a learning I though I’d pass on!

2 Likes

Parental intuition, where present, should be listened to!

Problem is, half of my family’s intuition was offline much of the time. :wink: I remember having your hunch there, more than once with my kids, but not at WDW. DH is an outdoorsman, and great dad- but sometimes forgot maybe little kids shouldn’t be wading through the middle of a raging torrent, jumping into a double black diamond chute or responsible for hanging the bear bags.
On the other hand, they all lived- and had a blast with dad.

1 Like