Will I regret not getting Memory Maker?

I got it for our last trip and there just weren’t that many good photos. It was nice to have a few of them but it wasn’t worth the price so I thought I would cut the expense go without MM for our upcoming trip. Thinking we can have our photos taken but only purchase the few photos that are worth keeping.

Now I’m second guessing myself. How does it work with without MM if you only want to buy a couple photos? Can you buy digital photos a la carte? Or do you have to buy prints/photo products? I’m not seeing any prices or options for individual photos on Disney’s website making it hard to compare. (I’m sure this is on purpose)

I found this on the mom’s panel

https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/question/purchase-individual-photos-photopass-364846/

1 Like

And this…

https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/question/im-heading-disney-next-week-disney-takes-pictures-links-381389/

To each his/her own but for us MM is an absolute must. If you stop at every photograph and make funny faces in the rides and stuff, I think it makes the greatest souvenirs. :smiley:

2 Likes

As an older adult who travel single (or at most with DW) I don’t really see the point. I don’t especially like looking at myself in pictures all that much and I don’t do M&Gs. If I had kids I would probably feel differently about it.

1 Like

Another option for you is to buy MM for one day - it is $69 and gives you everything for a single day. I did that for our one day trip, and it worked out really well. You could pick a day where you are going to be somewhere with a lot of photo ops and on-ride pictures - MK is probably the best.

You have to ask about this, it is not able to be bought on the app, but if you stop into one of the PhotoPass shops, they will sell it to you.

2 Likes

Of course, it still doesn’t list the cost of a digital photo but this gives me a little more to go on. Thanks!

1 Like

I think I read something like $16 a photo, but don’t quote me on that!

That doesn’t sound bad!

I don’t know what the individual photo prices are, but you could consider a MM share if you want to invest less but still get the pics.

1 Like

🤷 4 photos would be $60…

2 Likes

Individual photo is $16.95 I believe. I have so many wonderful photos from our trip. Love all the magic photos they take too.

2 Likes

Going on our second trip to WDW in May and don’t plan on buying a MM. It’s too expensive for a one day MM or the entire stay. If I had little kids and all those character shots maybe but it’s just my DD19 and I.

1 Like

I second this - I’ve done a mm share on the last two trips and it has been great!

4 Likes

I absolutely love Memory Maker! I travel with a multigenerational party of 8 and cherish the photos from our weeklong trips. I have made digital photo books from our last 3 trips using the Memory Maker photos along with my own photos. The on ride photos and group photos and magic shots are photos i could not take myself. I think it’s worth the price tag if your trip is longer than 3 days and think you will use the photos in some way. I also framed my favorite group photo and made a family video using video/ photos from Memory Maker.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the great insight. I may look into a memory share. I do love having the photos. I just hate paying for so many bad ones so maybe this is the solution.

1 Like

I have also done shares and it worked great. I believe there is a facebook page

1 Like

I actually just joined a share for May! It will be a blessing!!

Yes! We did this last time and it worked out wonderfully! $34 and we got ALL our memory maker photos with no problem.