Will I lose my room discount if I shorten my dates?

I have a room booked at Pop with the current discount for 2020. I need to shorten my stay by a day. When I use MDE to modify my dates I lose the discount. Should I call Disney to see if they can modify and keep my discount? It’s not a huge discount but any savings is welcome.

Call. They might be able to make the adjustment without removing the discount.

1 Like

Call. And if the first person can’t help, call again. I was able to do it, but I had to be persistent.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I will call and be persistent!

I used to think that you could shorten a stay with no problem but I had to shorten mine and was warned a lot beforehand on the forum that it might not work out. Luckily for me it did. I told the cast member to please check first before actually changing the res in case it wasn’t available and I could lose it all.

1 Like

I called last night and after no wait (10 pm was a great time to call :blush:) was connected with a very lovely CM. She said that I should be able to shorten my reservation and keep my discount but was sending along a request for another CM (maybe department?) to handle it. She said I should be receiving an email in the next 24 hours. So far none seen. So we shall see! I’m not holding my breath but have my fingers crossed.

1 Like

Were you able to shorten your stay without losing your discount? I might need to take a day off of my trip due to a flight change but don’t want to risk losing my discount. Thanks!

It did show up in my MDE with the shortened dates and still at the discounted price! Definitely call and ask. Sometimes different CMs give different answers so it may not hurt to call again if you are told no the first time. Good luck!

1 Like