Hey Touring Planners!
Planning a trip for the last week of August. 7 nights with 6 days in the park. We’re looking at getting 3 rooms A (two 30 year olds), B (two seniors), C (two 40ish year olds + 11 and 13 year old girls). We’ve stayed at Port Orleans twice, and I love nearly everything about it except the buses. I stayed at All-Star Music when it first opened in the 90s and hated it.
This time around, we’re looking at Pop Century. Here’s my concern:
- We plan on taking a good 4 hour break from the parks each day. Also, we’ll have 3 evenings NOT watching fireworks. That’s time that if I was at POR I’d be either exploring, hanging at the pool OR taking the water taxi to Disney Springs.
(1) I will admit that I find the theming at the Values straight up tacky. But, is there stuff to explore in our off time? Do I need to be more open minded?
(2) The modern remakes of the room are aesthetically appealing, and if it was just two of us in the room, or if our kids were small I might not care, but, I am concerned that a full week in one of those rooms with two adults and two teens is going to feel cramped. Especially if there are a lot of thunderstorms that keep us out of the pool.
(3) My favourite POR amenity is the water taxi to Disney Springs. Particularly if we get the value dining plan - it’s a good location with lots of good counter service restaurants. How much of a commute is it to Disney Springs from Pop Century?
(4) Is there any… any chance that the gondolas will be operational by late August???