Wilderness Lodge: Needing some hype up!

I love the ambiance and theming of Wilderness Lodge! Even if you never swim in the pool or eat in a restaurant you will feel transported to another time and place. I also enjoy having a Theme Park View if you can afford it or are very lucky.

4 Likes

Also the electrical water parade or whatever it is called. I have just happened upon it from a corridor window when walking back to my room. Lovely and nostalgic!

4 Likes

We were there at Christmas this past yearā€¦ it was fantastic. The entire hotel is so nicely themed, but at the holidays, it was something else!

4 Likes

My favorite dish on Disney property is at GP, the grilled portabello salad with steak. So many delicious flavors, so healthy. I dream about it.

If you donā€™t like portebello, the grilled salmon version is also very good. You can also get it with just portebello. At $12 that is a steal!

4 Likes

Just chiming in! I, like you, had booked WL a few times (we own at CC) but never actually stayed there. I think my biggest hesitation was worrying about feeling I was too far removed from the Magic. But I fell in love with it last weekend and the main water feature which runs a good chunk of the property was closed so we didnā€™t even get the full deal! The whole place is just jaw dropping. Stunning. I was in awe all weekend. GP was the perfect spot for a casual dinner. Territory Lounge was a knockout. I just wish we had been there longer. I think I could spend an entire day curled up with a book in the lobby.

5 Likes

Thanks for posting these pictures! I think this is on my ā€œdream resortā€ list - I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll ever be able to afford it but your photos reinforce how lovely it is!

3 Likes

My pleasure!

I only recently had the :bulb: moment that I could create albums for the different resorts and other such things at WDW for sharing here and also with my guests who are trying to decide between their options. Itā€™s a great tool and Iā€™m happy to have shared it here!

4 Likes

When they run deals, Wilderness lodge can go as low as $325. I know that isnā€™t cheap, but it is in range of the moderates. You could consider a split stay!

4 Likes

Thanks for that intel!

2 Likes

Oh - so the salmon listed in the menu is actually this with salmon in too? Sounds super yummy. I was debating between the salmon and the salad so getting both is perfect.

1 Like

Yes! Its very similar. And very good. And a perfect antedote to too much theme park food.

1 Like

Get there just before dusk. Itā€™s a fabulous view!!

3 Likes

Oh, and despite what Len said on this weekā€™s Disney Dish, they donā€™t take reservations, but you can do the mobile walk up list.

6 Likes

Omg! I literally was listening and had a moment likeā€¦ they take reservations?! :rofl:

2 Likes

All right it is confirmed, I need to email him about that one! They definitely do not. One reason I love it so much. Even if you canā€™t get a table, you can almost always sit at the bar.

2 Likes