Wilderness Lodge King bed?

What’s the chance that if we request a room with a king bed for our late April/early may stay that we will get a king bed? Trying to decide between making reservations with disney because this is what we’d really like or buying dvc points where a king isn’t an option. Any other pluses and minuses of regular hotel room there versus a dvc studio?

The only plusses about a standard room over a DVC studio is that it has two queen beds as opposed to a queen and a sofa bed, and that you get Mousekeeping every day (but you can pay extra for that if it really matters to you). There are many advantages to renting a DVC studio, including a lower price, slightly larger room, kitchenette, free laundry, and access to DVC-only areas.

Unless they changed everything since my last stay… The king rooms are the handicap accessible rooms. The shower, etc. We disliked this a lot to the point that we moved to a 2 queen just to get a standard bathroom. As far as chances I’m guessing it depends on how many people need those rooms, and how many request a king too…

Thanks to both of you! I’m not sure why but I’m feeling nervous about doing a DVC versus the traditional way from Disney. Maybe I just need to get over it as it will save us money! at WL things are also just a little bit longer of a walk right? Not like you’re out in the middle of nowhere if you have a DVC room?

IIRC, the longest walk from DVC to the Main Lobby Entrance is about the same as the longest walk from within WL, as WL is huge. Maybe a little bit longer, based on the Room Finder View of Disney's Wilderness Lodge, but you are closer to the bus stop!

1 Like