Wilderness Lodge: courtyard vs nature view

Hello!
For those that have stayed in more than one room type at WL, did you prefer courtyard view or nature view? And why.

Also, did they eliminate the bunk bed room option with the refurbished rooms?

I prefer Standard View for the cheapest price. We were able to see the park from our room. Just gotta pick a good room request.

2 Likes

I love the courtyard view since that is the view I think of when I dream of WL.

2 Likes

The cheaper price is tempting, but I would be worried about not getting my room request and spending $5k for a view of an exhaust fan or a parking lot!

2 Likes

Is the courtyard area bustling with people and noise because of the pools?

I guess it depends on when you go. If you go during the busy season, might be good to upgrade your room. But if it’s low crowds, then go for the cheap and assume you’ll get your room request. We did :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just don’t feel like the pool is that close to any of the balconies. I guess you could request a room away fro the pool end but there is a walkway and seating before the pool.

I was upgraded once at BC to CL pool view. The music blasted all day long! I have never been bothered by the noise at WL . Others might have had a different experience?

1 Like

I struggled with the same dilemma recently. We also really considered fireworks view but with no guarantee that fireworks would return by summer, we thought we’d just do nature view. However, the thought of getting a bad view really worried me. We decided we would book nature view and make a request for a room with a good view of MK. In the end, no more nature view rooms were available (they seem to go quickly) and ended up with courtyard. Now I’ve looked at just about every courtyard view room on room finder and I think we’ll be really happy. Plus, I love to people watch!

2 Likes

I know ppl are spending more time in their rooms due to decreased park hours. In the past, I’d only upgrade to reduce steps to transportation. We had a room right off the main entrance at the GC. It was wonderful b/c we could hear the christmas carolers every night. Our balcony over looked the roof and other uglies, but we only slept in the room and spent more time enjoying the tree and holiday décor outside our room door.

1 Like

that is me also! people watching (from a distance) can be very entertaining!!! i can’t believe we are staying here again! this was where we stayed on our very first, very quick, 2 night stay! my kiddo still calls it the lincoln log hotel. what fun we had! road bikes in the rain, boat to MK…can’t wait to go back. this time we are staying everywhere CBR 4 nights, WL one night, AKL one night…it will either be awesome or annoying!

2 Likes

It sounds like you will have a great trip! This is our first WL stay and DS11 is a little sad that we won’t be at the Poly this time (our splurge on our last trip). I think we’ll love the atmosphere at WL!

i loved the Poly (i may have threatened to not ever leave the lounge chair i was in at one point) on another quick trip but the WL is amazing!