Wild Africa Trek - prescription sunglasses

We’re doing WAT at 1:15p on Feb 5th. I’m wondering how people handle prescription sunglasses? It looks as though it would be difficult to bring both the sunglasses and my regular glasses. I’m concerned if there’s shady or overcast parts that the sunglasses will be too dark. And if it’s sunny and I squint, I’ll end up with a terrible headache.

I have not been on this particular tour, but have been on a safari that at times I wore eyeglasses and other times, sunglasses. I attached each one to a separate neck strap eyeglass cord and wore them both around my neck. It was a bit cumbersome but I was glad I had both type of prescription glasses.

2 Likes

Believe it or not, I have a pair of glasses that I got explicitly for trips to amusement parks. (The ones you see in my avatar.) They are Transitions lenses, so I don’t have to deal with constantly changing from prescription sunglasses to my regular glasses. But, I can’t use them as normal prescription sunglasses, since Transitions lenses don’t work in the car, so I have separate prescription sunglasses as well.

If your prescription doesn’t change much (mine hasn’t changed at all in years), and if you hit up amusement parks or other places where you are going in and out of doors, you might consider investing in getting a pair of transitions glasses just for that purpose. If your prescription changes every couple years, it might not be worth it though.

2 Likes

They actually give you the eyeglass straps for your sunglasses, I’m sure they would give you one for each.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! There are definitely parts that are shaded and parts that are full sun. You can ask for two eyeglass cords and carry both around your neck.

2 Likes

I am not a big fan of transition lenses in real life because they never seem to change fast enough or at the right times for me, but I am seriously considering your idea of getting a pair just for amusement parks. My prescription doesn’t change much year to year. Thanks for the idea!

Now that’s a dedicated park goer!