Why the jump in crowd levels

Hi all, I receive updates from TP if the crowd level predictor changes. I got an email yesterday saying that October 2 and 3 are jumping from what were crowd levels 3/4 ish to 5 and 7! Any idea why the jump? I checked and there are no big events going on…Thanks!

1 Like

It seems like they took a closer look at their crowd predictions for late summer & fall because this question came up on the app chat 2x today (one for August dates, one for October dates). They are probably just fine-tuning based on more current data. In the end though, the CL is really just an estimate & it could still be anything. DL is a little tougher to predict with such a large percentage of locals who have different drivers than tourists to come out in droves. In the end though, having a plan/strategy will outweigh going at any crowd level (10 included!) so by being here & getting prepared for your trip, you’re already way ahead of the game!

1 Like

I have three trips planned and all three were recently modified, both CL (bad news) and as a result increased hours (good news).

1 Like

I will take an increase in hours any day! Plus I find that when DL predicts the parks will be busier (and have longer hours) they run a LOT smoother than when they expect lower crowds & even if the walkways are full, they do a superb job at managing the flow, having rides operate at full capacity, having restaurants & merchandise fully staffed too. All of that combined makes the whole day flow better & cause less frustration waiting in a line or trying to get help in a store/restaurant etc.

1 Like

I totally agree with this. The walkways are a bit frustrating, but the rest of the day seems to run smoother!