Why is World of Color- One and Avengers Campus Entertainment Not on DCA Calendar after February 25th?

Entertainment for DCA is not on Disneyland’s calendar for my trip dates and my trip is now 29 days away. Disneyland Park updated day by day as expected, but no entertainment times (except for Citizens of Main Street) for DCA after February 25.

Any ideas as to why?

1 Like

I was concerned about this, too. Someone on another board (I know, cheating!) mentioned that this happens from time to time when they have to figure out staffing, but it’s been over a week and I’m starting to get antsy.

1 Like

I was able to book a dessert party for World of Color for 3/2 even though it doesn’t show on the entertainment calendar. When booking the dessert party I had a choice of 2 times. I’m hoping that means it is actually going to happen.

1 Like

Have you done the dessert party before? If so, did you think that it was worth it?

I have done it a couple times since the parks reopened. The desserts aren’t as good as before the shut down, but having a chair and not having to stand for hours was worth it for me. I have not heard if the desserts were changed to go with the new show, but hope so.

1 Like

Just read a few reviews, thought about standing in line to probably stand in a crowd for at least an hour before the show and then stand for the show. I am too old for all the standing still. I was going to do a dining package with a Storytellers Cafe dinner buffet. But, in the reviews I surmised that I would be standing in line to wait to get to a spot to stand for about an hour.

I just booked the dessert party for March 1. I took the 8:00 time.

1 Like

After obsessively checking at least once a day, times are up for WoC–One through early March. Some of the other entertainment has been added but not all. Hope that helps people sleep at night…I know I was starting to worry about missing WoC!

2 Likes

Ah Ha. I will check again. The past few days I have just been getting the wheel spinning and no connection.

Had the same concerns. Although I was able to book the dessert party for 3/2 even though it wasn’t on the entertainment calendar. Was worrying that it wasn’t actually happening and my party would be canceled.

Now I can see the WoC, but still no times for Avengers Campus entertainment.

Looking forward to enjoying WoC sitting in a chair on 3/1

1 Like

I know! I’m surprised they don’t have their entertainment schedule figured out yet. But at least the WoC times give me hope that all will be “normal” during our visits!

1 Like

And now, Tale of the Lion King show has been removed from the entertainment schedule in DL for all of our trip. It was there for most of the days and now, none of our days.

And now, it is back on the entertainment schedule…

1 Like

I think they’re doing some rescheduling. I don’t know for sure that the times changed for TotLK but I’d guess they probably did by at least a little.

The Magic Happens Parade seems like it Never Happens.

1 Like

The schedule shows Magic Happens on Feb. 24 and 25. Then, not again until March 5. No scheduled Magic Happens parade during my trip starting on the 26th. It was there, now it’s gone. Is Disney trying to make me crazy?

I feel the same way! We’re there 2/25-2/28 (park days 2/25-2/27) and I thought 2/25 was going to be our only shot at WoC, which would be a LONG day with our flight from Chicago requiring a 3 am wake-up…and the 9 pm show would feel like 11 pm! But now, Magic Happens only on the 25th, do I need to prioritize that? So hard to plan when the targets keep moving…

1 Like

I think it’s a glitch, or they are making changes to the time for Magic Happens, because I doubt it’s coming back for 2 days & then disappearing for a week or more before coming back again. World of Color finally showed up on the entrainment calendar for the missing dates at end of February beginning of March.

2 Likes

It’s not at all apropos for Disneyland to be adjusting the schedule as late as 2 weeks before. And it always seems that the start of new seasons/events are especially prone to this last minute scheduling. And with right now the 100th starting up with the Lunar New Year finishing up, they are probably are still trying to get all their entertainment schedule ducks in a row & figured out. So as crazy as it sounds, there’s still time for the to get it sorted.

2 Likes

Sorry, do you mean out of the ordinary? As in, it’s normal for DL to adjust the schedule like this?

1 Like

I WANT this parade and its secret schedule is driving me crazy.