Why is Space 220 Closed today? (NOT TODAY) A Rant

I don’t even want popular ones either. I plan on breakfast at A&C so that would be an obvious choice and CdF. I also wanted a meal at LeCellier literally any meal any day of my trip and it’s unavailable.

1 Like

I did get an early dinner at CdF! But I also am not overly worried about the CP packages but I don’t have any Epcot park reservations so I’m just trying to figure out hopping and other plans if I have to rejigger for a CP package.

1 Like

I agree that Epcot is kind of weird. There are more TS restaurants than any of the other parks, but it is the most difficult to book. We actually cancelled La Hacienda and found a lunch ADR for Steakhouse 71. This is one reason I’m glad we have park hoppers. We aren’t eating any TS at Epcot and are eating at resorts or other parks. We are actually pretty happy with the resort ADRs, as we can then check out the Christmas decor while we are there.

2 Likes

This! Hard to plan evening ADR’s not knowing the menu for FOH. Will I hang out and graze, or high tail it to the Springs? Perhaps I wouldn’t care about S220 if I had a table someplace for CP because the $$ would already be carved out for it. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Same. I actually haven’t even made park reservations at all yet…

1 Like

I’m so annoyed about the 2 pm hopping rule for this reason. If I rope drop, I want lunch before then. And I can’t get into EPCOT for that.

5 Likes

I’m still hoping that will move earlier.

3 Likes

I agree. I’m only rope dropping Epcot one day. We are doing QS meals for lunch that day. We are doing 2 evenings at Epcot and doing QS dinners there.

This actually is what making me all suspicious in the first place. If there were nothing after 2PM, but a few before 2PM, I’d figure “ok, sure, it’s just super popular.” but there was nothing even before 2PM.

I can’t believe this many people have Park Reservations AND leading reservations (or even leading reservations only and will switch over their APRs later). The advanced-planning community is just not that big.

but hey, good news…Boma has plenty of spots :smirk: So who wins? I win. That’s who.

3 Likes

My first park day is in 13 days and also nothing for space 220 has opened on the alerts. I have a park hopper and plan on trying to wait in line for a lounge/bar seat (going solo). I bought colored pencils and a coloring book for entertainment while I wait lol

3 Likes

Yes! I plan on getting a Boma dinner my first night and a Boma breakfast for sometime on my trip. Was so happy I could make those 2 last (they are top priority) and not sweat it.

Of course 2 other top priorities don’t even exist yet:

HDDR and a CP package.

1 Like

Breaking News!!

Just got a hit for Space220.
But … it’s not the time I want … anymore.
I switched this day around altogether because I wasn’t getting any hits. I’m going to keep this though and keep trying to modify.
Hooray for MouseDining!!
Going to sign up for the paid service out of appreciation. :four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

My upcoming November trip has been difficult getting the ADRs I wanted- so far we only have steakhouse 71 thanks to touring plans reservations finder- we got lunch although I would have preferred a late dinner.

Anyone else think that this has to do with the Genie having the reported walk up feature…

Curious if they are holding back reservations for Genie walk up use

They must have just released the reservations. I happened to check and saw there were several times available for my week.

3 Likes

Banned for inciting a riot. :laughing:
Kidding, of course. Deeply jealous, though.

3 Likes

Yay! Nice! Still nothing for the 9th and 10th or I missed it.

1 Like

Did you try looking for other times? Maybe something else opened up today for you.

1 Like

I check so often I received this message:

WE ALREADY TOLD YOU there aren’t any reservations available for dinner. Please try a different date, time or party. Or, choose another restaurant STALKER!

I might be off by a few words, but I’m pretty sure that’s what it said. :laughing:

11 Likes

There were reports of a drop on other sites about four hours ago if anyone is still looking…

2 Likes

I had really great luck with MouseWatchers for my Sept trip. I got a shit ton of notifications for Kona Cafe and Oga’s. They were really close to the date though. Oga’s started coming in on 9/8 for a 9/16 ressie (lunch for 4). I received 20 notifications on that one. And Kona texts started coming in on 9/10 for a 9/17 ressie. (breakfast for 4) I received 8 of those

From TP I got LeCellier (text on 8/5 for a 9/15 ressie), and a Yak & Yeti (text on 9/14 for a 9/18 ressie

I would definitely use MW again.

4 Likes