Why is Space 220 Closed today? (NOT TODAY) A Rant

Thanksgiving is how many days into your trip?

I’m looking for 12/4. There are no reservations available for anything from Thanksgiving day until 12/4. 12/4 is 60+7 into my trip and I’ve been looking since reservations opened for me.

1 Like

Ah that’s different from what I understood you were saying above, which was Olivia’s in particular and on Thanksgiving day precisely.

The issue you’re experiencing, which is clearly a glitch, has been an ongoing one for sure.

I have been obsessively stalking the reservation system. Grabbed a 9:45 Ohana. It’s way too late to eat, but I will keep trying to modify the time.

2 Likes

Received this email today. I feel like they’re clowning me at this point. :laughing:

7 Likes

We were within our 60-day mark when we could start making ADRs for Space 220, and we had just three Epcot days for our trip in November. So I got up bright and early at 3:45 am MDT so I’d be ready to try for ADRs at 6:00 am EDT. I logged in, and each time I would try to go to the Space 220 page I’d get the dreaded Stitch page instead. I finally got through to the reservation page at 6:15 am EDT, at which point everything was already booked. Really frustrating! I keep checking each day, but nothing so far.

2 Likes

If it makes anyone feel any better….we were there last week. I was incredibly frustrated at the 60 day mark. I don’t think I had any reservations I really wanted. I set up Res finder and mouse dining and stalked the website multiple times a day. I ended up with everything I wanted except Ohana. And it came together slowly. I was one of those annoying ADR hoarders because I was juggling a bunch of reservations I really didn’t want until the ones I wanted ended up materializing slowly.

So hold out hope!

4 Likes

I set up a reservation finder here on TP at my 60 days, but after reading a post last night I signed up on Mousewatcher as well. I got a text today that it was available for one of my days at 5:30, but I wasn’t fast enough. Still, it gives me hope! Now I’ve saved the number as a contact and set it to vibrate as well as beep.

2 Likes

I had amazingly good luck with mousewatchers. to the point that on multiple occasions I was getting up to 9 texts at once, all with different times. fingers crossed it works for you!

2 Likes

Grrr!! Switched my dates/times around and was able to snag lunch ADR at Steakhouse 71. Or, so I thought … :roll_eyes:

ETA: And the website will not allow me to make reservations beyond six days of my trip. Website and app.

3 Likes

More ranting and first world problems …

I know I’m not the only one frustrated with Disney (especially their IT department.)
Doing my best to take it in stride, as I know they are over burdened. But I hope they get their ish together soon.

No resort availability. A CM I spoke with today said it’s due to the Christmas party. :confused:

MyDisneyExperience/Disney.go.com - Wonky as heck right now. Erroneous information.
For example, MDE showed me checking out one day later than what I thought I booked. Ok, great. I’ll see if I can change my flight. I don’t mind staying an extra night. Days later, MDE updated to show the dates I was sure I booked in the first place. Good thing I didn’t change flight.

(Should be 11/27-12/3. I totally missed the error on the front side. 11/28 vs 11/27. Taking pictures of everything now.)

Over the weekend I found a room only reservation at Swan at a price I can live with. (Because now I want the extra night, darn it.)
Could only book by phone. Two hour wait. Reservation made. The rep said confirmation would come directly from Swan. Meanwhile, change the flight.

24 hours later, no confirmation and I haven’t been charged. We all know a room that hasn’t been paid for is a room I don’t have. Wait on hold again. Hours!! The rep gave me two different excuses. Their system is bogged down, so they can’t send out confirmations. Later she said it could take up to 72 hours before I hear back from Swan. The 72 hours was up, so called again. One hour 45 minutes. The CM was stumped. All she could say was “Their system is different from ours.”

Seriously. How long should it take?
I can’t blame Disney, but would like if their CM’s could give me confidence in the process.
Should I cancel and book a non-refundable directly with Marriott?

Lack of availability for ADR’s. It happens, but most every restaurant I want - excluding Disney Springs. Hmmmm….

I prefer to plan my own trips. I enjoy it. Not this time. If this is the way it’s going to be going forward, I will use an agent. I don’t want to see this side of Disney. Are they really going to launch Genie during all of this? I’m concerned. :grimacing::clown_face::banana::thinking:

4 Likes

So sorry about all these troubles! You’re allowed to rant, it is very frustrating when you’re just trying to make a plan.
I have had zero success with getting ADRs to work over the last few days. I’m now going through and taking screenshots of absolutely everything.

1 Like

Rant away the ADR situation sounds awful right now! I hope it gets easier. Ugh

1 Like

Y’all! I had the worst CM experience ever with Disney Resorts. It was so bad I was shaking from anger. (There’s a happy ending.)

As you know from my previous rant, I have been unable to fully secure a one nighter at Swan after three phone calls and hours spent on hold. This morning I called to ask if someone could escalate the issue to a Manager or IT. The CM seemed committed to help. She said the reservation had been canceled, but couldn’t explain why. :roll_eyes:

We were on the phone well over an hour. She placed me on hold numerous times to converse with a supervisor. Four different times she thought it was resolved, yet something would go wrong at the very end. I guess she got frustrated. She transferred me - without even saying that is what she was going to do. The second CM was beyond rude. So much so that she asked me to call back later. :unamused:

She said the system was going through some “magical enhancements.” The combination of her use of the word magical, and the gall at being asked to call back when I have spent hours on the phone with them since Saturday … Y’all … my head popped off. :rage:

I didn’t raise my voice, use bad words, or anything - but I did go off. Her response was “Well, you can talk to someone else” followed by an abrupt transfer.
The next rep was a Guest Services Manager. He said the reservation didn’t do through because there was no credit card on file. Lies! I went off again.

He ended up finding a room at Riviera (which is ultimately what I wanted.) Not only that, it’s a deluxe studio preferred. And he locked it in at the same rate as what I booked at Swan. Essentially, a $500 discount. He also sent me a $100 Disney Gift card for the trouble. :sunglasses: :laughing:

15 Likes

So just to add to this, my tentative trip for December’s ADR day was today (a Tuesday. lol. :roll_eyes: ) and I figured I’d try for a Space220 ADR. I mean…why not, right? But there was NOTHING for the whole Arrival + 10 day time frame.

I got up at 5:30AM, was refreshing and trying at exactly 6:00 (and the reservations went live about that time, maybe a minute late) aaaaand NOTHING. Not lunch or dinner, nor any of the hourly time frames (and I tried SEVERAL for each day).
EarlyRiser

The good news is that it’s not a big deal because I got everything else I was after but this is infuriating on a basic level. What if it WAS a must-do for me? Also, I am still planning a trip for my parents in January and now I’m very concerned because this is a must-do for them.

So has anyone who is using Mousewatcher been getting hits often currently? If I run into this for the January trip, and that’s finding times, I will definitely sign up.

(If genie+ is going to be on the same server setup as this stuff, the failure it’s going to be is going to be of biblical proportions)

6 Likes

We will be there Dec 8-13 too! I had a 5 day leading reservation and there was NOTHING for Space as well! It was very disappointing. One possibility is Candlelight packages?

5 Likes

Or they’re letting only 3 parties in the restaurant at a time? I dunno.

Either way, I have a real tough time believing there was nothing 60+10 days out.

4 Likes

I was able to get SH71 thanks to the free version of MouseDining. The email came at 1:00AM and the slots were still available when I woke up at 5. Still nothing on S220, though. I feel the same about what you blurred out, so I’m trying hard to secure everything before then. Save your email confirmations and screenshot everything, people!

3 Likes

(Bawahahahah for the first time I noticed Ernie’s face during bill’s rant. :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:)

4 Likes

I agree. I think it might have been on the Disney Dish that they said they still haven’t been able to fully staff the back of the house? I’m not sure. Oh, also, Biergarten also had zero availability which is just horse manure. No way that’s true.

4 Likes