Why is my customized plan not using my FP plans?

I’m trying to select FP times based on the optimized touring plan that I was given. When I add those Fast Passes, and hit optimize again, it gives me arrival times for attractions that are outside of the FP window. It’s making me doubt whether the customized touring plans can be relied upon. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

At the bottom of the section where you pick FastPass times there’s a green + sign next to “Advanced Options”. If you click that, there’s a checkbox that says, “Force “Optimize” to use all of your FastPass+ reservations, even if that increases wait times”. In my experience, checking that box makes the optimizer try harder to use you FP+ times, although it may still cheat a little bit, and have you arriving a few minutes after the end of your FP+ time (which I personally don’t want to rely upon).

The optimizer will use a grace period of a few minutes on either end of the FPP window. But if times are further out, make sure you checked the box to force optimizer to use you FPP window.

OK, got it. Thanks!

The reason it has not used your FPP reservations is that it has come up with a better plan without them. Either puck different FPP times or use the “force” option discussed above.

I have the same scenario. Why doesn’t it list suggested fast pass times for the times/dates for my itinerary based on the parameters I entered? That was one of the things I was looking forward to when I purchased my subscription. At this point, it might just be easier to use the free touring plan in the book which means my subscription is useless.

It kind of does. You just need to look for them. Which of your rides have the longest wait time? Get a FPP for that ride at that time.

There’s a spot to enter how many FPP you’ll have available in each tier. Make sure that’s filled in and it should give suggestions for fastpasses when you optimize.

There are a couple of possible reasons for this - either you have not set the optimizer settings correctly, or the plan you have entered really would not benefit from FPP. Either way, check out Making Optimized Personalized Touring Plans with FastPass+ for tips on how to use the optimizer to help you choose FPP reservations.