Why is Disney so useless?

There was an accidental release and a few were snatched up before they were pulled. No one has reported them actually working with the statues though. I’m guessing that’s the problem, getting them to work. Disney’s a bit busy lately… :roll_eyes:

Disney has at least some of these MB’s. They actually sold a few. I’m surprised they are offering them online for something crazy like $199 each to keep their inventory in line with demand.

Here is a description and report of interactions with statues at Epcot. I think they have another video that shows how the band kind of lights up. Personally I think the interaction looks fun but not worth $50 or whatever it costs. I think this is their way to do the wand thing like WWoHP but to me a wand feels like it would be more magical than a bracelet that jiggles.

The Batuu missions that will be connected to the new bands will also be available on Play Disney Parks.

1 Like

You see! LOL, I went searching yesterday to see if there were reports and look at WDW, waiting till today to report :crazy_face:
Thanks! This is exciting news!

1 Like

I don’t like wearing the wrist bands anyway so I fully agree. I just strap mine on to part of my bag usually. My kids loved their wands! I wish I would have gotten one too but I’m grown and can just steal theirs.
I was hoping the Moana walk through would have some type of feature like the wands in WoHP but seeing how long it took these bands to roll out… I’m not holding my breath any time soon.

I also wonder if you could turn off the jiggle? That might get annoying. And does this mean that the statues will be up longer than March 2023 (isn’t that when the 50th supposedly ends?)?

I can see how it would be pretty cool to wave at the statues and have them talk back to you, but right now it looks like you have to stand pretty close on one side and they just make sounds/music. Now if they said Hi Sarah!” or something else that would be way more special.

2 Likes

I’ll just watch someone else interact with the statues, lol. I’m hoping they will stay up for a long time. I really want to see them but don’t think I will be getting to Disney in the next year.

2 Likes

In the past we have always been able to order off the lot and get what we want…or the dealer finds what they want from another dealer lot.

Today there just aren’t any cars. They are manufactured, but sitting on huge holding lots until they can get the electronics for them. The six month wait was because of the chip shortage.

2 Likes

So for me I have to have a plug in car because I have invested in the setup at home, my electric bill did not go up noticeably and I love barely needing gas. So next car is gonna be fully electric which severely limits my choices of what’s available on the lot.

2 Likes

Due to shortages it’s common these days for dealers to charge a premium above MSRP.

My dealer explained it this way: we order 100 cars, mfr allocates us 30 and ships us even less. We have to charge a premium to pay our expenses due to reduced volume.

1 Like

I was looking around at cars in my area and realized they were only selling the premium models of what we would want. Sorry, can’t afford those and nor do I need the fancy bells and whistles. If you want a standard model, they have to be ordered.

As far as the magic bands. Disney takes forever to release anything. And I’m sure the chip issue isn’t helping.

2 Likes