Why I'm done with WDW

This is my absolute dream job! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

It’s pretty amazing. Ironically, one of her early paid trips she went on was to Disney and she took me!! It was for the opening of Splash Mountain. It was a fabulous press event. It was quite elaborate. I’m not sure they do anything that extensive anymore.

8 Likes

I’m hitting Tivoli gardens in August. Does this land on the “good Europe parks” list anywhere?

4 Likes

It’s my long-term plan. Been a professional writer since college, added travel agent to the mix in 2021… Once my kids are a little older and I have time to build the site, travel writer is the goal.

8 Likes

I buy this. Ive been a Disney fan for a long time but could do once every 5 years or so until our march 2020 trip in the just-before times. Now wdw is how I cope with the weight of it all. :person_shrugging:

5 Likes

That’s awesome.

4 Likes

Same.

@sanstitre_has_left_the_building I really want to declare “lies, damn lies, and mousematt declarations of swearing off wdw”… But like others have said, I totally get that chasing the high of that first visit. It’s just not there for me anymore, and if wasn’t easy and cheap for me, it wouldn’t happen. Doesn’t mean I don’t love it, just that there will never be another precovid march 2020 trip or first solo trip (April 21). Now, how you stay home EVER with all the cheap intraeurope flights, that I don’t know. I mean yes, Calvin, but those prices…

To me it’s like craving a food. I go through stints where I will have a particular tea or cookie or sandwich every single day for months. And then all of a sudden it’s just routine. And then just the smell makes me sick. Then I go six months without a good Greek salad and suddenly it’s delicious again. But I need that 6 months. For a $5k wdw trip that might look like 6 years.

But if you disappear from the forums forever we will all be very sad indeed.

8 Likes

I rodé Splash Mountain twice during its soft opening, we just missed each other :joy:

4 Likes

I love that you have all those amazing trips planned! I sort of do this too but can’t really due to kids being about to start college and DH just plain being unable to walk well until more surgery. But I’m very eager to work more on my travel to do list. I’m keeping a solo cruise for the fall and will do some sort of summer trip somewhere, even if just a few days, despite moving in town during summer. I just hate to lose an entire summer of travel, since it’s the only big break my kids have…

3 Likes

That’s wild!! You must have been an toddler at the time.

3 Likes

Not sure, I haven’t heard of that one. I’m hitting Europa in June, and I’m definitely going to compare it to WDW. [quote=“dboothsummers, post:23, topic:93806, full:true”]
I’m hitting Tivoli gardens in August. Does this land on the “good Europe parks” list anywhere?
[/quote]

1 Like

Hardly :joy: I was 2 months from turning 18. But thanks!

3 Likes

Well as John Lennon sings “Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans” :wink: But I’m glad you’re planning something fun too. You know that saying “Eat to Live not Live to Eat” For me it’s “Live to Travel” :wink:

3 Likes

Seriously?

1 Like

Not sure if Tivoli Gardens is on any lists but it’s a lovely and charming little park in the middle of a wonderful city. We loved it! Don’t miss the fireworks!!

3 Likes

Yes, 1992.

4 Likes

This is me too! I just returned from our UOR/WDW trip yesterday and am trying to get a plan for another trip going. DD25 will be in Rome for the summer and I’m planning to visit! Then NYC this fall for my bday. Possibly back to Turks and Caicos spring 2024. Big trip somewhere in 2025 for our 30th anniversary! Maybe Epic Universe in 2025 after it opens.

4 Likes

We are spending an afternoon and evening there pre DCL this summer. Am is a family bike tour. Next day is Lego house in billund.

2 Likes

We loved Copenhagen & Denmark so much. I’m envious. DD is spending a long layover there on her way to Rome so she can visit her friends and favorite places.

3 Likes

This came across with an accent on my end. Must have been a French ride. :smirk:

7 Likes