Why does my Touring Plan waits seem difference than thrill data’s info? Why can’t I make a TP with my LL guess?

I can’t figure out how to force touring plan to use my guesstimated LL return time. It keeps just giving me the standby time. Oh well. I even read the touring plans blog article and I feel like I did everything it said to do. Is there a trick? I feel like I can’t even make a TP without being able to put in my LL guesses based off my research. Thanks

Does anyone know why TP is telling me at 8:03 for early entry I will be waiting 22 min for MMRR when thrill data says it’s a 10 min wait according to the same CL number type day. Then it says I will be waiting for 43 min at TSM at 8:36am when thrill data says 30 min. The way I have my plan right now in my head is RD MMRR around 8 then TSMM about 8:20 which should have a 10 min wait according to thrill data then use my LL for SDD at 8:30 then get LL for MFSR and then walk on alien swirling saucers. Thanks y’all

1 Like

The TP algorithm assumes you will be in the middle of the pack for rope drop, whether early entry or regular rope drop. Based on the fact that many people believe that turning up at the parks 10 minutes before rope drop is sufficient - the reality is that you need to arrive at least 30 minutes before.

Also DHS is known for opening up earlier.

Secondly as to putting in your LL times. I’ve only done this on the website. On the page where you choose Evaluate or Optimise there is an option to input LL times, including ILLs, and also a button to select “always use my LL time even if it is inefficient”.

2 Likes

If you are confident in being at the front of the pack, just enter a break near a location of your first ride. Use thrill data to estimate your duration. Then start the real TP with your second ride.

I don’t understand why it’s so difficult to simply add a choice for early entry. A radio button to choose front, middle, back of the pack…

1 Like

It don’t think it’s to do with being difficult. I think it’s more to do with expectations.

If TP predicts a 10 minute wait and it turns out to be 30 then people would be disappointed. And very few people can genuinely be at the front of the line.

With DHS especially it’s hard because they do open the gates so much earlier and let guests line up at the specific ride. Which is why some people can have already ridden Rise and be queued up elsewhere even before early entry officially starts. But if the TP algorithm did allow for that and Rise didn’t open early that day, the whole plan is already behind. And not everyone re-optimises as they go. Cue complaints.

2 Likes

I’m having a lot of issues with TP lately. Like you, I can’t get return times to be counted, and sometimes/oftentimes the site crashes when I optimize. I’m hoping it’s temporary. Meanwhile I’m mostly using thrill data for planning.

2 Likes

Thanks for your help!! How early does HS usually start letting people actually get on attractions before the actual start of early entry?

1 Like

Thanks that’s a great idea

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been using thrill data to help me get a better gauge of wait times and LL return times

1 Like

Back in August, I think 830a was normal open, 8a for early, we lined up at 7a, and were first at a turnstile. They started scanning people in around 740a.

But keep in mind only rise and falcon are open before 8a. Don’t run to tower for example.

1 Like

When we were there in December they opened the ride queues right at the exact time, not earlier.

1 Like

My plan is very similar to yours, can you tell me what CL day you were planning for? It’s projected to be CL8 on my planned HS day. Thanks!

Look at what time your arrival is compared to the LL return time. I’ve had to add small breaks between for it to recognize using a LL vs standby.

1 Like

@FOGMELA Clarification - TD doesn’t make predictions, they only report what the posted wait actually was on a specific day in the past. TP is forecasting actual waits in the future. It’s 2 different things.

Thanks so much

I used a CL7 day

Can you send me an example of the site crashing when trying to optimize? That would be … a big problem.

Also, we’ve just updated the code to better handle G+ return times (as of this morning). Let me know if that helps.

2 Likes

It’s exactly this. We know from experience that a huge chunk of people who say “I’m going to get there first”, don’t get there first.

The solution to this is to just re-optimize after you get off your first ride. We should probably say this somewhere - it’s a good point.

5 Likes

Thanks. How early do you recommend getting to the park for early entry so we aren’t in the middle of the pack? It’s for a CL7 day at HS and the other days for other parks I want to say CL5 and CL6. Thanks

I think we’re telling people 30 minutes before the start of Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE).

DHS is tricky because of the massive amount of downtime at each ride. But assuming everything is running, ETPE is your best shot. Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks!!

1 Like