Why do I look at the menus?

Lots of reasons we don’t dine out when not on vacation, not the least of which being that very, very few restaurants in our area serve food better than mine. And to clarify, we don’t dine out exclusively at Disney, just almost exclusively while on vacation. So while we’re on vacation at WDW we take advantage of the dining opportunities. It’s a big reason the Epcot resort area is our favorite.

2 Likes

Haha, well I hate to cook, and it shows! But it’s sort of circular at my house- my family pretty much just eats to live. Maybe that’s why I don’t cook. We had a cook for years and it drove her nuts.

I suppose food just has to be really good for it to grab my attention, and Disney food just doesn’t out-compete the other things that Disney does better, in my opinion. Maybe if I went more often I’d think differently.

Quite possible. We’re about 5.5 to 6 hours away with no traffic hiccups. We sleep in. We don’t rope drop or commando assault the parks. We know which rides and shows we like and which ones we’re happy to miss. And from what I read on here we have substantially different priorities than many who come here for planning tips.

Next time you’re racing across the park trying to make your next fastpass window, I’ll be the guy leisurely strolling in front of you. Try to keep your curses below your breath.

3 Likes

Well, don’t worry about me, I get six FP a day so I’ll be leisurely strolling too. :wink:
But I don’t curse anyway. Life’s too short to get that upset at very many things. We’re all super fortunate to be able to go to WDW in the first place!

1 Like

That’s ok. Nobody’s perfect.

2 Likes

Seriously LOL’d at that one. Scared the cat.

2 Likes

There is nothing worse than dining in a restaurant and realising you could prepare a better dish yourself. It infuriates me. When in a restaurant I want to eat something that I can’t cook (as well) at home.

4 Likes

Hear, hear!

1 Like

Well, for me “I want to eat something I can’t cook as well at home” would be pretty much… everything. :joy:
Except, you know what?
I make pretty great prime rib, oddly enough.

2 Likes

This is a complete undersale of the dinner at Ohana.

Starting off with fresh pineapple&coconut bread, continue with a salad and an “appetizer plate” that includes chicken wings, potstickers and a few other things I don’t recall, then on to the terribly described “meat on a stick” (which, I might add, is delicious), and finish with a bread pudding a la mode that is pretty heavenly.

BTW, the “sticks” in question are for the cooking and carrying, not for the eating off of, a la kebabs.

I don’t think I’ve ever been surprised by how good someplace is… though I have been rudely awakened by how poor a quality some of the QS places are.

3 Likes

This is an excellent description of ‘Ohana’s dinner. It was delicious! We opted out this trip because DH wouldn’t have been able to eat there this time. He’s down to only able to eat a handful of things, which they don’t have. Otherwise I’d be there for sure!

2 Likes

Nay nay. Everything tastes better on a stick. Scientific fact.

3 Likes

I remember going to a restaurant in Tivoli (Copenhagen) years ago, where the meat was served on swords, so 'Ohana viking style. :grin: They also had the most delicious smoked salt ever!

1 Like

I agree. We love O’hana for dinner and enjoy every course. We love the potstickers and the noodles in addition to the meat. The bread pudding is amazing! I’ve eaten there with several other people as well and none of us have every been disappointed!

1 Like