Why can't I buy Genie+?

That is how it is done at DLR.

It wasn’t a fun experience when I had to do it for MaxPass.

2 Likes

But did on-site get a head-start at DLR?

No

I would think that would make a big difference. The people there for early entry would have already made their first G+. If they allowed off-site to book G+ at park open from anywhere then there wouldn’t be people entering just to do a G+ like they did to get the ROTR BG. Rope drop can’t mean much to off-site people anymore.

3 Likes

If you’re buying G+ by the day (not for entire trip) do you have to wait till morning of to purchase? I don’t know where I got this from but thought you could do night before (I could have entirely made this up in my mind though, lol).

After midnight.

2 Likes

Apparently only if you don’t have an AP.

@PrincipalTinker shared above that AP holders were having similar issues with not being able to purchase it ahead of time.

3 Likes

Theoretically you can buy it after midnight.

I bought it both times in the predawn hours when up to attend to biological needs. It was quick and easy and I was afraid if I waited til 6am hour it would all crash

3 Likes

Only Disney would be able to get away with taking a service that used to be free, charging for it, and making it a completely worse experience in the process.

I would honestly be happy to pay for what we got before with FastPass+. Or something along the lines of Universal’s Express pass. This current system is just a nightmare to navigate. And I’m an obsessive planner who tries to figure things out.

Disney really needs to fix Genie+ somehow.

5 Likes

Yes

3 Likes

Crossing my fingers that they do something to improve it by my April trip… :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Awww your naivete is so cute! :wink:

7 Likes

Oh I know it’s unrealistic. But one can dream. After all,.according to Disney, I am the magic.

4 Likes

AMEN to that.

And also to this.

I’ve said it before here, but I’m STILL mad about how shitty this service is. I don’t have a trip planned probably for the next 14 months, so I’m hoping they get things straightened out soon. It’s such a pain. Especially if you’re an AP!

And now I’m mad they took away my beloved HEA. Humph.

6 Likes

I am the magic *

[*Misguided And Gullible Income Contributor]

10 Likes

I like the translation. That isn’t the worst slogan ever but it is a contender. I could see that being a friends-in-a-bar game. Everyone drinks when someone comes up with a worse slogan than Disney’s that was really used. If I am the magic, I can be the magic at home for free.

4 Likes

Me too. I mean, not happy. But it would at least be worth it, unlike the shit show we have now.

3 Likes

Let me rephrase that. I wouldn’t be happy to be paying more money, but I would be happy compared to what we have now. If tomorrow they announced they were bringing back fast pass plus But it would cost $20 a day, I would do a happy dance.

2 Likes

This is probably their entire plan.

4 Likes

If so it’s a good one.

2 Likes