Why are resort prices higher for 2/11/21?

Trying to book an AP rate room for 2/8-2/12/22 but for some reason the Thursday night is way more. What am I missing…why would a Thursday night be higher priced?

Dunno. Perhaps demand is higher for Valentine’s Day weekend?

ding ding ding ding

I think it was last year that it was reported that Thursdays were higher than Sunday-Wednesday.

1 Like

The 12th is Lunar New Year and the 15th is Presidents’ Day - so theoretically people have a super long weekend (if they are in an area where Lunar New Year is a day off) and/or leading into a week-long break.

1 Like

Our schools have mid-winter break over president’s weekend, it used to be a full week, but is now a 4 day weekend. I think a lot of schools have a break around that weekend.

2 Likes

I find flying Delta is cheaper when you fly Tuesdays and return Tuesdays. Thursdays are also higher here that a Tuesday.

1 Like

From a different (and hopefully not totally irrelevant perspective), in my little tourist town everything is open Thursday-Sat. Sunday is a bit iffy and you’re on your own Monday-Wed. except during the peak seasons.

I think for a lot of people who take a long weekend to go to Disney or anywhere else, the weekend starts Thursday. As @DocHopper pointed out flying midweek is cheaper, too. I believe flying home on a Sunday is the worst.

2 Likes

MouseSavers has the cash rates for each resort. There are random days across all the resorts I checked (not the same dates always) that have unique prices. I am using the Cabins since I think it is the easiest to see:

2 Likes