Why are just the deluxe resorts full?

Looking at a 4-day trip in October. Flexible with arrival dates around Oct 24-27 (with 2 days on either side for arrival and departure). Surprisingly there is pretty much no availability at any of the deluxe resorts. I think AKL had some and BLT had CL I think. There seems to be availability at most if not all moderate and value resorts. Although the crowd levels are predicted low, I guess Disney has done a good job pricing to fill the more expensive resorts. We were hoping for Epcot or MK area resorts. Can I hope for luck reserving when someone cancels or is that like catching lightning in a bottle? Any tips other than book something else and then look at 30 days?

Gartner Convention is there the week before, The #1 Conference for CIOs and Senior IT Executives, and they are using, Gartner Symposium/ITxpo 2018 will take place at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel, Walt Disney World Swan Hotel, Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts and Disney’s Boardwalk Resort. Some of these people will stay the next week with family to enjoy the parks and they most likely will be staying in the nicer hotels.

1 Like

Contact Magical vacations travel. They have blocks of room ususlly under their late fall special at the deluxe resorts

That is good to know. I am shifting our dates by a day toward the weekend and finding more availability.

Thanks. I contacted someone and they said even they had limited availability but I’m hopeful they have just one room for me :slight_smile:

I booked a standard room at WL with them for that same week back in April, and she told me I basically got their last room for that time. She didn’t think I’d even get one, but my fingers crossed must have worked! On the WDW website back in the beginning of April, there wasn’t any availability for any room at the WL.

I also think that the Deluxe resorts just have fewer rooms to start with! Combined with the fact that part of their inventory is DVC doesn’t help!

1 Like