Who wants to apply for this new WDW job: Hotel Services Director - Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser

Disney is searching for a seasoned hotelier with senior leadership hospitality experience on land or at sea to serve as Hotel Services Director for our new Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser. As a Hotel Services Director you will lead and implement a unique immersive two-night experience aligned with our Star Wars franchise. A passion for bringing ideas to life, creativity, value a non-traditional work environment, and balance traditional hotel experience with immersive entertainment are all important traits you will need to have to be successful in this role. If selected, you will report to the Regional General Manager – Hotel Operations

https://jobs.disneycareers.com/job/lake-buena-vista/hotel-services-director-star-wars-galactic-starcruiser/391/18871675

5 Likes

This is so exciting! DH and DS17 are dreaming of staying there!

I love seeing things happening at Disney, it gives me hope and makes my heart happy.

4 Likes

Does one need to have some knowledge of Star Wars stuff?

2 Likes

With so many things at WDW getting delayed, postponed or cancelled, nice to see some things still make the jump to light speed.

1 Like

It’s not listed in the job requirements.

2 Likes

Cool, sign me up!

I was afraid my complete disinterest in the topic might disqualify me :laughing:

4 Likes

Looks like they’re searching for an Innagineer™

2 Likes

That’s all I’d have to bank on since I’m completely unqualified in the formal requirements. If I had an interview, I’d have no choice but to take on a character and rattle off some creative Star Wars-ey stuff no matter the question.

3 Likes

Maybe they’ll take the two of us and pay us the one salary?

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this. Very exciting. Do you happen to know how far in advance of the start date they tend to post management positions? I’m trying not to get excited but for a position of this magnitude it could be months away.

Just scanning through the application, that might be part of this: " Lead a unique immersive experience by using strategic support partnerships."
…
The hotel is a new concept for SW. Excluding Padme and Anakin briefly traveling in what amounts to steerage, (which this definitely is not), there’s no setting really like this that I can recall. And it seems like they’re going to want guests to play their own roles. So a general knowledge of that universe acquired by a weekend or two of movie-watching, might be enough.

I’m thinking, it’s easier to make a SW fan out of a great manager, than a great manager out of a SW fan. :wink:

To me, these superficialities of the setting pale in comparison to the behind-the-scenes management. I can’t even imagine the types of skill and talent it would require, but what an exciting job this would be to have!

2 Likes

In the movies, definitely. But lando had the “Lady Luck” for years in the books and that was basically this…without the gambling.

2 Likes

Hahaha, I was going to say “And don’t pound me with off-screen scenarios that only happened in the books or cartoons you SW geeks out there.” :grin:

For the vast majority of guests, this is a new experience. :wink:

2 Likes

Fair fair. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

But do you think they might have some form of gambling? Can that be done in Florida? I have no idea. I wonder if you can go broke and have to sleep in maintenance with the drooids in only two days. That’s what would happen to me with my gambling skills.

2 Likes

They allow sabacc on batuu, so very possible.

1 Like

They could do that quite easily, using currency from the Star Wars realm. Would the currency be New Republic, Imperial or First Order?

2 Likes

It’s all the same. Currency never changed during the wars. It’s all “credits”. (Whether or not toydarians on tatooine claim otherwise)

1 Like

If we’re going full nerd, I think the New Republic, Imperial, and First Order currencies are all interchangeable forms of the same credit, nearly accepted galaxy-wide, and backed by the Galactic standard. But some of the Outer Rim territories (including Batuu) had their own lesser known secondary currencies. Commodities were also used as payments occasionally, as seen in Mandalorian.

2 Likes

Right. It’s why batuu has spira. But “credits” are still “accepted”

Meh. Give it a shot.
“Fear is the mind-killer.”

1 Like