Whispering Canyons or Steakhouse 71

Do you have an opinion on which restaurant would be better for a midday break from MK? Taking the advice of Molly from AllEars.net, I made a lunch reservation at Steakhouse 71. I’m wondering if Whispering Canyons might be a better option. It sounds like a lot of fun and I’m interested in seeing Wilderness Lodge. Do you think it would take a lot more time to get there? DD and DS are 13 and 11. Do you think kids would prefer Whispering Canyons? Any other resort restaurants you can recommend? Thank you!

I considered both also but decided on Steakhouse 71 because I discovered that Whispering Canyon (at least right now) is still breakfast/brunch type food until 2pm and that wasn’t really what we wanted. Just FYI in case that matters to you.

1 Like

We loved Geyser Point at Wilderness lodge. I think its quick service, so maybe no reservations, not sure, but its right on the lake with comfortable outdoor dining (some tables are couches/coffee table) with views in every direction and TV’s with whatever sport is playing. One of our favorites.

3 Likes

S71 is really good and a good value, but the setting is boring as all Hell. WL is gorgeous and worth a visit, but I don’t particularly like WCC. It was just ok food, but Geyser Point (walk up only) has a limited but great menu and much more gorgeous setting outdoors by the lake.

3 Likes

What she said :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you! I like the idea of Geyser Point. We’ll save time at a quick service but get a chance to see WL. Probably save some money too. Thanks again!

3 Likes

Fyi Geyser Point does sometimes have a wait, but you can Join Walkup List when you get close to WL and join the list then to save a few minutes.

2 Likes