Whispering Canyon on DDP

We have reservations at Whispering Canyon for dinner in December. My question is how does the Disney Dining Plan work here? are the platters able to be shared? Is it a buffet? We will be traveling with a 15m and 3y so i’m interested in ways for them to share food easiest.

1 Like

You can’t share the AYCE platters obviously. You can share a normal entree.

1 Like

Except with the 15m old, right? Kids under 3 can always eat free from other’s plates at buffets, so I think it’s probably the same way there also.

2 Likes

Yes I would assume so because they don’t have a dining plan.

2 Likes

It is not a buffet. The AYCE platters, they bring 1 platter for however many people who ordered it, like family style. As in, if 2 adults order the AYCE, it is one platter with roughly 2 portions of each food, you each pull from that to your individual plate, and then you can re-up whatever item you want. They have a kids price for the AYCE, and the other kids menu options are also pretty cheap if you decided to pay out of pocket. The 15mo can share from your plate (including AYCE), or you can order them their own kids meal (but pay out of pocket). My son was 15mo when we went to Whispering Canyon. We did get him his own separate kids meal (paying OOP), but they said that he could eat off my plate and I had the AYCE. The food is awesome and a great place for kids (because it’s pretty loud lol), have fun!

1 Like

What does AYCE stand for?

All You Can Eat (or all you care to eat)

*Possibly “Awesome Yeti Can’t Escape” if in reference to Animal Kingdom

2 Likes

What @heidelj said. Whispering Canyon does theirs in endless sampler platter format, but they also have regular entree options.

1 Like

lol