Anyone have recommendations or experiences with any of the spas within the world? GF Senses, SS Senses, Ship Shape, Mandara, etc? Looking to take myself and 19 yr old daughter for massages next week, and there is definitely a price difference. We’re staying at BW so leaning towards Ship Shape or Mandara bc we can walk, but willing to travel within the world for better options. TIA!
Everything I’ve read and heard ranks them:
And all the rest
Ooo - super helpful! Thank you!
Yes. If it is about the spa experience and not just the service itself (which I"ve had at others and which were absolutely fine (its GF and SS. They are real spas – the others are mostly sets of rooms for services.
The My DVC Points Podcast just completed a series on SSR. One of the episodes focused on the spa. From their podcast notes on the episode:
Senses Spa at Walt Disney World Resort
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Located in the same building as the resort’s Fitness Center, across from Villas at Grand Floridian
- Smaller of the two WDW locations
- Features a small Relaxation Room
- Progressive food and beverage selections available to guests
- Lounges do not have Whirlpool Spas or heated marble lounge chairs
- Often booked by wedding parties preparing for their ceremonies
- Tends to be frequented by larger parties, so can feel crowded
- Shorter operating hours
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Located by the High Rock Spring Pool, adjacent to The Carriage House; shares a building with the resort’s Fitness Center
- Larger of the two WDW locations
- A split-level design with lounges on the lower floor and massage services on the upper level
- Features a large Relaxation Room
- Progressive Food and beverage available to guests
- Spas have Whirlpool Spas and heated marble lounge chairs
- Not often crowded, not frequented by large parties or wedding parties
- More relaxed and quiet of the two WDW locations
- Tends to have more availability, due to longer operating hours and larger facility
That was a great series. I’m looking forward to more of them!
Thanks for posting this. I was thinking of some spa time for our trip this summer (twins turn 21!) and incorrectly assumed that the spa at GF would be the best choice.
Same here, but we are getting massages and then have a 645 v&a res, so might end up at gf anyway for convenience.
Wow now THAT is a nice way to spend an afternoon and evening!
It was my christmas present!!! Only it has really thrown off my HS touring plans
If I were gifted a spa day followed by dinner at V&A, I would be like “Hollywood what? Never heard of it.”
What a great gift! Enjoy!
That is 100% how I feel, never even seen a star wars movie (). But DS loves toy story so we are trying to figure it out
Thanks ya’ll! I booked a double massage at SS next week for me and my daughter (19) and a manicure for her afterwards. May do an add-on for me too. Thinking about a foot treatment. Or may just read in the heated loungers. Then may head over for a leisurely lunch at Disney Springs. SO appreciate all the helpful tips and advice! Ya’ll are awesome! Happy New Years!
If you don’t get a chance to listen to the My DVC Points Podcast before your visit they made a point for you to come early before your visit to enjoy a tour and everything the spa has to offer .
Too crazy. We have V&A reservations the night we are thinking of some spa time.
I can’t wait to hear about your experience!
We go march 6, I cannot wait!!!
Awesome! Your trip is much closer than mine. Enjoy!
Senses at Saratoga is the best!!
I love to get a massage and enjoy the facilities…that 50 minute massage ends up being 4-5 hours between the sauna, spa, heated beds and long long shower afterwards.
It’s expensive, but I also figure I’m paying for the facilities. They also offer a complimentary beverage and champagne is always delightful.
Oh man? Now I want to book a massage there in a couple weeks. Stupid broken foot!