Which rides are most "turbulent"?

Out of the “not to be missed” rides in all the parks which ones are the most turbulent or rough? My husband has fibromyalgia and sometimes when he is in a flare can be sensitive to constant jostling, jerking etc. I’d appreciate the input since all the big rides seem to be “not to be missed” but some of those might not be good for him on days he’s in a flare. Thanks.

Heads up on space mountain and BTMRR. Also RNR.

1 Like

Dinosaur!!! KS and Space are quite jarring as well.

5 Likes

Thanks! I should have mentioned I’ve already eliminated Space Mountain. We were on it in 1996 (and me previously as a kid and teenager) and I remember it was rough. I probably should use it as a reference. lol

The RnR was already on my iffy list for other considerations. BTMRR is one I hope we can ride, I’ll keep an eye on that. Thanks.

BTMRR is probably the best of those - particularly if you are up front

1 Like

Thanks. I was particularly wondering about Dino.

Dinosaur for sure. BTMRR can be somewhat jerky. As much as I love it, TSMM is kind of rough as it turns you around.

1 Like

I don’t know anything about fibromyalgia or how difficult it can be. So when looking over all the rides my guideline was, “Does it go fast, shake and/or make you slide in your seat?” This is only my opinion. I’m sure some may disagree.

MK

BTMRR – bumpy & you do slide in seat
Barnstormer – definitely turbulent & uncomfortable for most ppl
7DMT – pretty smooth, but you slide around on tight corners
Space Mt - definitely turbulent & uncomfortable for a lot of ppl

AK

Dinosaur! – Very turbulent motion simulator
Kali River Rapids – dips & drops
EE - pretty smooth, but jostles like most rollercoasters
Primeval Whirl – only open seasonally, but very rough
Tough to Be a Bug – seat vibrates hard & pokes you

EP

TT – jostles you and knocks you back on launch
Mission Space – Capsule restraints are tight and unsure how centrifuge would affect

DHS

Star Tours – very rough motion simulator
SDD - pretty smooth, but you slide around on tight corners with multiple launches that push you back
RnR – knocks you around a little and has over the head restraints & fast launch

(I have not done any SW:GE rides yet)

4 Likes

Definitely Dinosaur in AK, but everybody else has already said that!

1 Like

Big no for Star Tours.

1 Like

The sudden ups and downs may be a bit jostling on Tower of Terror

2 Likes

Millennium Falcon can be pretty rough. More than Star Tours I would say.

2 Likes

Good to know. However I don’t think I will be allowed to suggest skipping any of the new SW rides! But knowing helps for planning. We have done the original Star Tours both in WDW and DL so it’s less of an issue even if the story is different. Spreading the rides out can help too. Thanks!

Thanks for such a thorough rundown. This helps immensely!

1 Like

Dinosaur for sure. BTMRR can be a gut punch in the first few seconds with the “safety?!??” bar, followed by the feeling your discs are popping in and out like Pez. Space, not so good if you have a bad neck.

1 Like

To @darkmite2 's excellent list I’d add KS. That ride can be very jostling, and it’s long.

2 Likes

THANKS!!! Because of you wonderful people, our current thinking is:

MK

BMTMRR - the only one we both want to try - will look for videos etc.
Barnstormer - not on our list
7DMT - not on list due to DH height and our being large, my knees can be sensitive
Space Mt - not on list we have both been on and I specifically remember how challenging it can be

AK

Dino - removed it due to your recs - it looks cool but not worth hurting DH.
Kali River Rapids - we’ve been on many similar rides and had already decided we could skip
EE - want to ride if possible
PW – wasn’t on our list
Tough to be bug – we can stay in our ECVs for this so that would remove issues. Also we saw in California so it’s low on the list
KS – was hoping no one would mention this but you confirmed my concerns. Will we be able to see many animals if we don’t go on it? We are planning to do all trails.

EP

TT – on the fence, will keep it in for now but can look for videos
Mission Space – we will need to see if we fit – same as TT
Remy Ride – we will need to keep an eye out about how this is once it’s open

HS

Star Tours – spoke with DH and this is the only SW ride we are allowed to consider skipping lol
MF – must do per DH – He’s willing to give it a try
RnR – will look at videos but probably going to drop it
SDD – I don’t think this on should be an issue
ToT – we’ve been on and it’s not generally an issue
Mickey RR ride – we will need to keep an eye out about how this is once it’s open

For the sake of posterity, this one should be under HS, not MK. :slight_smile:

fixed thanks

Dinosaur. I ended up with bruises from hitting the side of the car.

1 Like