Which resort?

It looks/sounds amazing!!! the artwork, the food, the wine!!! Quick someone book and do a trip report!!!

1 Like

@duffybear because we are a family of 5 instead of 4 there are only a few hotels where we can stay in a standard room. That is one reason we went with Poly. We really really wanted to stay AKL, but would have had to get a suite and that was much more expensive.

1 Like

So…given those two options: Poly CL and GF Sugar Loaf CL which would you choose??

GF will be $945 less

1 Like

Is this even a difficult decision?

And as you’re CL, you can spend $50 per person per day on three extra FPPs with the nine hundred dollars you’re saving. That’s four days with six FPPs per day, plus you’re at GF, which is stunningly impressive and beautiful. And within walking distance of the Poly if you want to go visit.

3 Likes

You’re right!! I’m changing. And I’m getting super excited.

1 Like

So, now that I’ve changed resorts, are there any places that I should definitely eat?? I don’t have any meals planned at GF.

AND those extra FPPs are at 90 days.

You are guaranteed FOP and SDD and 7DMT and everything.

If you take your CL FPPs in the afternoon / evening, and your regular ones in the morning, you can then get seventh and eighth FPPs after the three regulars have been used.

You’ll have the most awesome time ever.

1 Like

Yessss! Get the CL fast passes! We did and had our pick of anything at anytime… and the CL fast passes there are no tier restriction… so for HS we could book all the toy story rides!

Since our plan is to do GF on our next trip— split stay im excited to hear what you think!

Was there a stain on the bed? Looks like someone spilled coffee on the bed.

1 Like

I like both Poly and GF, but I like GF much better. Then add in the price difference … and if it were me, I’d run to book the GF as fast as I could.

1 Like

with that kind of savings I’d switch…haven’t stayed at GF but it certainly looks beautiful and you can always visit the Poly.

1 Like

Haha. It’s an information card of some sort.

You’re not wrong about the carpet, it does look a bit grim.

1 Like

I like the Poly and plan to stay there this year, that said if the GF can be had at the same price, that’s definitely a no-brainer. The GF is wonderful to experience at least once. To get a discount on the GF for same club level service is just odd to me…

All 3 of the GF signature restaurants are highly regarded - V&A is supposed to be an exquisite dining experience, but at a premium price - I was estimating $300 per when discussing with my family and that’s w/o alcohol (they opted out). Narcoossee’s & Citricos are “secret” favorites of many. Narcoose’s is more seafood, near the boat dock and I think has the better fireworks view being on the water. Timing a meal with the electric boat parade would be perfect. 1900 Park Fare is a good character meal as well for both breakfast & dinner. Do note Narcoossee’s & Citricos have a slight dress code while V&A expects jacket.

I’m debating adding Narcoossee’s and/or Citricos to our trip for when we stay at the Poly. We haven’t tried either and staying close should likely take advantage of at least one or the other…

I much prefer the Polynesian, though it may just be a personal preference for faux tropical decor vs. faux Victorian elegance. I’ve stayed at both resorts, though both were quite a while ago, so my experience with the quality of the actual hotel rooms isn’t all that relevant, however, I’ve spend a fair amount of time at both resorts in recent years, mostly dining or visiting friends and just walking around the Polynesian makes me happy. I don’t get a similar feeling walking the grounds of the Grand Floridian.

There’s something I find soothing about walkways lit by torchlight or what’s left of the view from the beach (that isn’t blocked by bungalows). There’s a small practical advantage to the Polynesian, too, in that many of the rooms are a short walk from the TTC, which speeds up your travel to/from Epcot by a bit. If you’re planning to dine at the hotel, then both resorts offer some good casual options, Grand Floridian has better high-end dining. Both have lounges worth visiting, though if you enjoy a show with your cocktails, then Trader Sam’s at the Polynesian is hard to beat.

2 Likes