Which resort do you prefer?

I am considering on my next trip one of the following:
Boardwalk Villa, Animal Kingdom Villa, Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, or Wilderness Lodge - either CCV or BRV. Which of these would any of you prefer, and why?

For reference - my next trip will be with 2 10 yo girls, my wife and me. We will be going for 11 nights and 10 days in the parks. We will be spending 4 days in MK and 2 in each of the others with no park hopper.

1 Like

Wilderness Lodge - it is a great resort theme-wise, and you have convenient boat service to MK.

2 Likes

AKL is my favorite resort. It’s architecturally amazing, has great food options, and it has ANIMALS.

1 Like

I am going to add another vote for WL especially based on your plans.

2 Likes

With park hopper would stay in boardwalk due to being able to dine in epcot most evenings having visited the other parks during the day

Without park hopper boardwalk wouldn’t justify a 10 day stay

When you book tickets from the UK park hopper is automatically included

I find it strange that so many people on here would go to Orlando for long holidays without involving 2 or 3 nights at Universal?

2 Likes

Boardwalk was amazing. After each park we took a break in the room/pool then we hopped into epcot and rode rides at night and ate at different countries. Five minute walk and park hopper was worth it!

1 Like

Animal Kingdom is so wonderful. It’s a destination in its own right with lots of things to do and see, amazing dining experiences, and a pool that is beautiful.

1 Like

Another +1 for Wilderness.
We stayed at Wilderness and Animal Kingdom and ended up preferring Wilderness over AK. That being said, BOTH were amazing and you can’t really go wrong as a place to stay for either. The only issue we had while down at AK was the transportation back up to MK when we wanted to end the day off with a jaunt around MK

2 Likes

I vote Wilderness Lodge also, especially with the 4 days you have planned at MK.

2 Likes

Wilderness Lodge again based on your plans for 4 days in MK with no park hopper. I’d reconsider the Park Hopper option. Not sure how much it would add to what is already a very expensive stay, but I’d think it would be marginal. The flexibility would prove to be worth it in the end. If you’re in MK and you realize that the Park is far busier than expected, and Epcot is slow, you can easily hop over there. I’ve never done a 10 day trip to WDW. But my normal 5 day trips are always with PH -and we use it every trip.

2 Likes

I’m going to be the odd one out here and suggest Saratoga Springs. With no park hoppers it would be great to be within walking distance to Disney Springs, with all the dining and shopping it offers. The resort also has some great pools (the Paddock is our absolute favorite, although others swear by the Springs and the Grandstand pools) and solid food options. Spa and golf course are available at the resort if either parent fancies some relaxation, and the Community Hall is great for kids. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would do a split stay with 5 nights at each. Of those I’ve only stayed at AKL which was fantastic.

4 Likes

Another WL vote here.

If your 10 y/o girls are anything like mine, the Boardwalk + Park Hopper votes aren’t realistic to my mind. Perfect for adults, but my DD is pooped after long days in the parks. No way we’re going to turn around on short rest and hit Epcot dining plus activities. That’s a long walk, man. And as several have mentioned, WL and it’s quick and relaxing boat ride to the MK fits nicely with your plans.

2 Likes

Let me start out by saying that I’ve only stayed at one of the aforementioned resorts, that being said we just returned home from a lovely stay at Old Key West. Old Key West is a fairly expansive resort, so not being located near the Hospitality House (main pool, food, market) could be inconvenient. We were sure to request a room near the Hospitality House and ended up in the building directly across the street. Another inconvenience is that there is no elevator, however each building is only 3 stories. We stayed in a 2 bedroom. It was super convenient in that it had a fully equip kitchen and a washer and dryer! DH, DS8 and I were able to pack minimally knowing we had the ability to do laundry. We ended up with 1 suitcase for the 3 of us! If you are planning on using Disney Transportation, we had good experiences there as well. We did have to stand on a few bus rides but never had to wait for a second one. There is also the option of taking a boat ride over to Disney Springs rather than using the bus service.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I have not stayed in a Deluxe resort, and I imagine I will enjoy any of them. I still have time to decide, but am leaninig toward either Animal Kingdom or Wilderness Lodge. Animal Kingdom because it will be cheaper for me and it has animals, and WL because of the proximity to MK. I’ve heard great things about Boardwalk and Saratoga Springs as well, and Old Key West just looks amazing. I’m sure no matter what, we will have a great time.

Another vote for a split stay… best of both worlds!

1 Like

Even after my advice on which I thought was better, I’d always suggest a split stay!

1 Like

We love Wilderness Lodge! Taking the boat to MK was much quicker than bus service. Another perk with having 2 kids are the bunk bed rooms.

3 Likes

My kids don’t have bunk beds and I have this horrible fear that the one on the upper bunk will fall out. Do they have rails or is there an option to not have bunks?

Ideally I would love bunk beds and I think my girls would fight over who slept on top, but this fear is one I can’t shake.

They have bunk and non bunk rooms. However the bunk beds do have a railing around the top.

Also, maybe you could have your girls take turns?

1 Like