Which parks, which days

Sounds great! Glad you got everything you wanted.

Sounds like youā€™re getting the plans all worked out. Just a couple notes that Iā€™m not sure have been overly addressed. There are certain rides/areas that can be good for a rest:

• MK: People Mover, the Train, Enchanted Tiki Talk (AC), Country Bear Jamboree (AC & not crowded), Tom Sawyer Island can be good too
  • HS: the shows will get you off your feet at least
  • AK: Nemo/Lion King shows
  • EP: Various movies/shows in WS especially although some are standing

Some of my favorite long sitting rides where a rest was reasonable are now closed (Ellenā€™s & Great Movie) though. There are also lots of areas a little off the beaten path you can sit and rest for awhile or grab a snack and sit at a table and watch the world go by.

We also like to use ADRs as a forced break. Eating at a decent restaurant will force you to stop touring, sit for an hour or so and relax. That can be a nice refresher, plus you get a good meal. When we toured without ADRs we would find ourselves rushing to eat a QS meal and get back to the rides ASAP which can be exhausting.

If characters are something appealing to your kids, character meals can also allow you to meet the characters without having to stand in line for a meet and greet which can save touring time as well. Biergarten does have a nice oompah bad that is usually entertaining for the kids which makes that a solid choice for an ADR in Epcot with kids.

1 Like

I will add one thing. Remember their are several QS restaurants in each park. Whether you buy a meal or bring your own food, they all have sit down areaā€™s that you and yours can use.

But also be aware that if it is busy there may well be a CM restricting access to seating and limiting it to those with food from that restaurant. (IMHO, the way it should be anyway. I still remember trying to find a table at Pecos Billā€™s with a tray of food I had purchased while more than a couple of tables were occupied by people who had not bought anything but instead had brought some of their own sandwich things (like bread and maybe lunch meat) but were using the toppings bar at PBā€™s - so not only were they taking tables from paying guests, they were technically stealing from the restaurant by using something they had not paid for. This was in the days before CMs were assigned to keep the seating for paying guests with food in hand.)

But there are always benches or curbs.

Thank you for the rest tips, Damavs! One of our familyā€™s favourite things to do is sit and people watch, so Iā€™m hoping we can get our rest and relaxation in at the parks. Iā€™m especially excited about Tom Sayerā€™s island - we could pick up food and eat on the island, right? It sounds like an oasis from the crowds.

My kids have said they donā€™t want to meet characters, except the Star Wars ones - though I suppose they may change their minds. My little one still gets nervous around people in costume - he doesnā€™t even like it if I pretend play to be somebody elseā€¦ so weā€™ll skip the character dining, and will tread carefully with the Star Wars meetings.

DocHopper, Iā€™m glad to hear we can sit and rest at the QS restaurant tables, even if just to rest our feet and have some water. And lizzieanne771, we hope to avoid the restaurants at popular mealtimes, and donā€™t plan on bringing our own food at all. Weā€™re flying from the :snowflake: Great White North :snowflake: and I donā€™t want to deal with food and border crossing, nor do I want to bother with grocery delivery. I couldnā€™t imagine using a topping bar for my own food! I imagine we will see all sorts of weird things in Disneyā€¦ (and wonderful things too).

Yes you will and their are many places to sit, relax and watch the people. My wife and I arenā€™t quite as far north as you if your talking Canada, but we are going to see your cold weather shortly in the state of North Dakota. There are a couple of QS places in MK that are quite good and will get you out of the crowd. Order a drink or something cheap and donā€™t feel alone as many take a break this way. May I suggest the Columbia Harbor House located close to the Hall of Presidents or the Haunted Mansion. Also if you go to Epcot donā€™t forget to go to Club Cool. This is a place sponsored by Coke and you can drink all the various coke products from around the world for free and as much as you want. On a hot day it is a life saver. Just ask someone where it is and they will direct you. It is in Future World. Have a Magical trip.