Which of these locations is best to watch Wishes on Thanksgiving night!

I thought watching the fireworks on Thanksgiving night would be a wonderful way to cap our day. After reading this blog, I am a bit panicked at whether or not to tackle this. From the four options below, what would be your recommendations? (BTW: the blog is http://blog.touringplans.com/2015/07/15/wishes-fireworks-viewing-without-fastpass/)

For context: we have a party of three 70+ year olds, a 10 month old, a 7 year old, and 2 parents. It’s important to note that we will be in Fantasyland immediately beforehand, as I promised my son he could return after Thanksgiving dinner and hit all the ‘midway’ rides we had to skip in our 2 days of touring. The HUB and Main Street are not an option for us if I want to be on speaking terms with my husband in the morning :smile:

Option 1) Storybook Circus (near 7DMT and Dumbo)
Option 2): Old Fantasyland -the area from the Mad Tea Party up to the Prince Charming’s Regal Carrousel (right under fireworks)
Option 3) Tomorrowland up at the Noodle station. According to one commenter, there’s usually not very many people, you can see all the effects, and Tinker Bell flies right over your head!
Option 4) Forget about the fireworks.Too much of a hassle.

Finally, am I to assume if we choose any of the above alternative locations, that catching Celebrate the Magic is out? If so, that is ok. If we have to be at the HUB or on Main Street to catch celebrate the magic, it’s not worth it.

Any advice would be great. It’s been twenty years since I’ve been to WDW, and even though I had been at least 5 or 5 times throughout my youth into my twenties, I don’t think I ever caught the fireworks.

Can you see anything from the terrace with the dessert party taking all the great views? I vote number 1!

So, I have mixed feelings about the fireworks. I appreciate that the “best” way to see the fireworks framing the castle is from Main Street, more or less. However, I will not sit around for an hour to see fireworks, myself, and I do not handle hoards of people well.

If you are okay with just seeing fireworks, without the perfectly framed situation and the laser light display on the face of the castle, then I would personally skip the crowds. What we did last time was sit on a wall by the popcorn stand on the path on the way to Dumbo (past tea cups), at the loop end of the Tomorrowland speedway, on the far side of the 7dmt mountain. If you look at a map, there’s a thin arch of landscaping next to Dumbo, that’s what I’m talking about.

We got drinks and popcorn, sat comfortably on the wall, maybe 15-20 minutes prior to the fireworks, and we were happy. It wasn’t the perfect display, but it was good enough for us and, more importantly, no horrible mass of humanity. We were able to see Tinkerbell flying, if we looked carefully. It was fine.

Kiddo was able to stand on the wall to see better, but there were no people in front of us, we really only shared the wall with maybe 5-6 other people who showed up once the fireworks had started. This was on a CL7 day, I believe.