Which of these do you prefer?

Arrival day for me and my three boys.

OPTION 1
AK – Tusker House breakfast – FOTLK – Pandora

OPTION 2
AKL – Boma breakfast – AK – Pandora
(FOTLK on another day)

Which has the most wow factor? Option 2 is cheaper, obvs. Option 1’s timings are tight. ADR is for 10.25am. FOTLK finishes at 10.40am. TH has characters, but I don’t know if my boys care and we have another character meal later in the week. AKL has the lobby and savannah.

10 Likes

I would choose option 2 because AKL at Christmas is definitely wow!

11 Likes

I would definitely go with Option 2 . AKL is a destination on its own. The lobby and savanna lookout are stunning. I can’t even imagine how cool it would be decorated for Christmas.

6 Likes

So many acronyms…

Don’t mind me… Just stalking Matthew and his plans to make sure there isn’t a ‘Chuck MouseMatt-Anty into a human sized blender’ plan in the works :slight_smile:

Carry on :slight_smile:

16 Likes

That would be in private messages, don’t you know…

2 Likes

Good point.

If you never hear from me again. Assume matthew maniacally laughing next to a human sized blender.

6 Likes

you can be your own person, y’know.

Blink twice if you’re trouble. :eye: :eye:

10 Likes

He’s always in trouble.

7 Likes

Look, dude…if you’re just gonna make crap up…

Now, had you said “maniacally complaining” I woulda been all in on this story.

14 Likes

Option 2
Boma has much better food than TH. And the resort will be decorated for Christmas.

10 Likes

Definitely option 2. AKL is a sight to behold and the timing with the first option sucks.

5 Likes

Another vote for #2! Boma is delicious, I have no desire to eat at Tusker.

4 Likes

Option 2.

6 Likes

did you mean “no” desire?

3 Likes

Yeah that’s what I said :wink:

7 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Definitely option 2.

AKL at Christmas is THE wow factor. If anything is going to wow them, this will.

6 Likes

Option 2 because all of the above.

6 Likes

I have switched to Option 2.

If you’re interested in how this came about …

I sat down to watch Molly’s latest Mammoth Club video on YouTube, in which she visits every resort in one day. She starts with AKL and we see the lobby. Within a second I’m thinking “OMG: We have to go there. I have to put that in the schedule.” I’d forgotten just how stunning it is.

So two minutes of Molly and I’m changing my plan. And this is often why my plans change so much. I’ll see something and think “we have to do that” and then try to figure out a way of doing so.

In this case the argument for changing was pretty compelling. Aside from the reasons most people have given, it’s saves about $100 because Boma is cheaper, and it’s a simpler plan because of the perhaps overambitious TH / FOLTK idea I had originally settled on.

Additionally, I don’t think my boys will care about character dining and they may think FOTLK is boring. Whereas you can’t not be wowed by AKL.

15 Likes

Good call. Saving $100 plus getting to see AKL is win-win.

8 Likes