Which FPP to grab first - SDD or FOP?

I’m excited - FPP day is Tuesday! Question: my plan is to go to DHS on arrival day, so day 60. We are going to AK on our last day, day 60+6. Which FPP do you recommend I try to make first on Tuesday - SDD or FOP? Thanks in advance!

I am going to suggest you keep an eye on this:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835236

1 Like

That is a fabulous chart! Thank you! Maybe I should amend my title to be “Which FPP should I TRY to grab first”. It looks like SDD will be gone by the time I can make my choices. Thanks again!

For our May 8-14th trip we were able to get FPP’s for both SDD and FOP, but they were at 60 days + 4 and 5 respectively. SDD at 60+4 had afternoon and evening slots open, FOP at 60+5 had availability all times of day. I think you’re probably going to have to prioritize SDD, that seems to be the toughest to get right now, wouldn’t be surprised if already full at 60 days.

1 Like

For my trip, may 7-12, I was able to get fop 2x (including our 1st Park day) and SDD only once on our departure day. We have since booked EMM for Toystory, so we dropped our SDD on departure day and booked another EMM at MK. My personal experience has been that it is tougher to get SDD than FOP. Not to mention there is also the chance to catch possible FP drops for FOP during your trip.

2 Likes

I am confused by the Dibb Latest FPP Availability. I just checked WDW site for Test Track availability for 5/6 and it shows NO FPP availability for the entire day, but the Dibbs says it’s available??? Am I reading the Dibbs chart wrong? I have been trying to modify to TT for over a week.

What are you trying to modify? I cannot see the 6th but I can go to the 4th and it is allowing me to book three if I want on that day. Are you modifying a FEA or Soarin?

1 Like

Also, try FP4me.com.

1 Like

Yes! I was able to modify our 7dmt this way. It takes some persistence and patience, but it does work.

This ^^^^

Because TT is a tier 1 ride, you must modify your existing tier 1 FP (FEA, Soarin, Illuminations or the character m&g) if you hold one of those. If you don’t already have a tier 1 FP, you can modify any tier 2 FP.

That’s it… I am trying to modify Mission Space to Test Track which I now realize are different tiers. I would have to modify Soar’in which I won’t give up. I’ll now just do single rider on TT. I hate how there are so few good rides at EP and they are all Tier 1…UGH!

2 Likes

SDD is way harder to get at the moment.

1 Like

Yeah. Tier 2 FP’s at Epcot are generally not that useful and they are only useful because there are so few good rides (i.e. “everyone” gets a Mission Space tier 2 because it’s the most solid tier 2 ride. Thus making it have a longer line, thus making it go from throwaway to kind of useful).

There are quite a few strategies around to figure out how to churn through your tier 2 FP’s as fast as possible so your can try to book same-day tier 1’s.

I didn’t even book fps at Epcot for my visit. We are either going to RD, do SR, same day FP skip it or SB for the rest. I will use my fps for the other 3 parks.

3 Likes

I usually do the same thing.

1 Like

I am doing the same thing for my upcoming May trip.

1 Like