Which Epcot resort?

I stayed at the YC last September — it was super lovely. I loved the pool, it was so nice to be able to walk or boat to Epcot (and you’ll have to walk through part of world showcase, so you can’t miss it this time!). It was also lovely taking the boat to HS. We rented a car so I drove us to AK, and we took the bus to MK. The BC is more kid friendly but we definitely still saw kids at the YC. Also, the newly renovated YC rooms were really well done. I’d definitely stay there again.

2 Likes

We really enjoyed our stay at YC. DD was little (6?) and loved it too. We had a balcony, which we used to dry our swimsuits. We overlooked the quiet pool. It was a nice, quiet room. We loved being able to walk to EP. Only drawback was there was no QS restaurant. I understand that Ale and Compass has been expanded and now serves that purpose. We loved the pool!

That depends on what you consider loud. I went over in the early a.m. to get coffee at the store at the BC that @Dreamer mentioned, and coming over from YC was quite a change in ambiance. I remember it vividly, and this was a few years ago. Maybe it was because I hadn’t had my coffee yet, or the contrast between the two resorts, or because I generally don’t like loud things (most likely all of the above) but I would not stay at BC myself.
But it was Christmas time, too, so that could have ratcheted up the sound level a bit as well.

I agree that the YC is quieter than the BC. I guess since I spend my days around energetic kids it doesn’t bother me.

1 Like

Well, my own kids can tell you they heard “Downstairs or outside!” a hundred times if they heard it once. :rofl:

1 Like

Yea I wouldn’t say my kids are quiet— whose are?? But I prefer it not in my ear lol. Thanks that’s good to think about! We are liking the idea of being near Epcot. Can hit a bunch of restaurants!

1 Like

Well, I wonder if there’s an age requirement for being a curmudgeon? Or can I apply for early admittance, kind of like EMH for the easily annoyed? :grin:

I really appreciate everyone’s replies. We are leaning towards yacht club for a quieter feel. Possibly club? Anyone do club at yacht club?
My husband likes a more relaxed hotel that won’t feel crowded when we enter. Yacht club seems like a happy medium… near Epcot but more serene.

1 Like

We’ve done CL at the YC and we loved it. The CMs were truly some of the best we have encountered. We were spoiled by the experience (drastic contrast to CL at the Poly). The only downside to the lounge is that it doesn’t have a great view.

2 Likes

I think the YC would really fit the bill then. It feels totally peaceful to come back to in the evening. And I LOVED afternoons at the pool.

2 Likes

Decent coffee in the gift shop; they also have a pop dispenser, fruit and some a la carte items along with a quick service counter (very limited choices). If I remember correctly, there’s a coffee pot in the room, too (Joffrey’s). Total aside but I always pack the Starbucks via drinks - even the regular coffee packets are pretty darn good and can be made fast with the hot water.

2 Likes

I have to pipe in - I love Beach Club but whatever the scent is that they’re piping in to the lobby is way too strong. It’s not unpleasant to me, but it’s pretty overpowering! Just my two cents.

1 Like