Which Cell Network Has Best Coverage

I need to get a new US Sim card for my upcoming trip and wondered if anyone can offer any advice on the best network for fast coverage at WDW. Am staying at POFQ so ideally want to find a network that’s going to get me access to Genie + reservations quicker than the busy wifi!

Thanks

We have AT&T Prepaid, and have had quite good service. Back in the ROTR BG days, I was able to get BGs 2, 12, and 5 just using the cell network.

Not saying it is the best option, only what I experience with them.

2 Likes

We have Verizon and had no problems anywhere. We stayed at the Beach Club.

2 Likes

We have AT&T now and have good service. In 2018 we had Sprint and couldn’t get good service in the parks or a BG for RotR but my DD w/ Verizon could. My kids would say it’s b/c I’m old :face_with_raised_eyebrow: but I blame Sprint b/c I’ve picked up many BGs on my own w/ AT&T since switching.

aside: when we moved down to FL in 2020 we had Verizon but couldn’t get any service in our house. Our house is in a dead zone. Called Verizon and they brushed us off :face_with_raised_eyebrow: b/c of their stellar customer service; obviously NOT! An AT&T sells person was going door to door (weird), and we said, “Show us your phone!” She had bars, we switched providers immediately :laughing:

1 Like

We have Verizon and it worked fine in the parks and at ASMo. My DH got a good BG. Don’t remember the exact number. Maybe 12?

AT&T didn’t work at our old house and we had to switch. They wouldn’t do anything about it for us, so I don’t think it’s just one company doing that. There are just dead zones sometimes.

3 Likes

We’ve had both Verizon (for 19 years) and now AT&T and have had no problems with either in Florida. Here at home in Massachusetts, we have had signal issues with both (which is why we are one of the few I know who still have a home phone!).

3 Likes

this sux

we did too but the telemarketers made us unplug it :dotted_line_face: for good

1 Like

Last trip DH and DS were on AT&T, I was on Verizon as a tester (we’ve been faithful AT&T cellular clients for 20+ Years and only considered switching last Nov)

Didn’t AT&T just come out as the “official” provider for Disney now?

Anywho, it was interesting to see who had bars where as we walked around. Mostly, we both did but there were some spots where one would have more than the other, but not for long periods.

3 Likes