Which BOG meal is best?

Ok. Have moved trip back a couple of weeks to give more time for the things to hopefully settle down. Redoing plans.

I want to go to BOG because the movie is one of my faves. I don’t really care about meeting the characters, I just want to look at everything. Which meal is the best? Or what are the pros/cons with each? With new dates I have new choices to make. Thanks.

If you don’t care about meeting the beast, then I would personally go with lunch. It’s the most reasonably priced meal of the three. Breakfast is crazy expensive for what you get. And I think the food is good especially for a quick service.

3 Likes

I love lunch, but if you want to meet the Beast, he only does dinners.

2 Likes

Thanks!!

We did dinner in 2014. It was so delicious that we went twice, but that was before the fixed menu. That year Disney started letting Disney resort guests, only, make lunch reservations and since we were staying at the Swan, we couldn’t get one. I have heard that breakfast is very overpriced, but lunch is supposed to be more reasonably priced and very good.

1 Like

Lunch is very good and decently priced. And you get to enjoy the beauty of the dining room. We had it in December. We had a 1:30 ADR. The line was long to pay but the dining rooms were emptying out. We had our pick of seats.

3 Likes

Depends how you are paying…if on Dining Plan, breakfast is an awesome value and dinner is not as it is two credits. If you are paying cash, breakfast is too expensive but lunch is a great value. I would only pay OOP for dinner, better deal if you can get a discount. We only have done dinner before it became prix fixe and it was good. Food wise breakfast and lunch are both ok, I probably prefer the lunch menu. If you do either a late lunch or late breakfast crowds might be better, so you can get a better look around. It gets a little crazy early morning and around 11-1.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone! I put a res finder in for lunch. We are not doing a dining plan.

1 Like

I like a PPO breakfast for the chance to get on 7DMT early.

Our lunch experience recently at BOG was terrible, and if you have to deal with any food allergies, I cannot recommend BOG. However, it was beautiful inside. Out of five different meals at lunch, the best food and the only one we would eat again was the Coq au vin. Extra tip if you’re paying out of pocket - the ‘Feast for a Beast’ coq au vin kids meal is almost the same amount of food as the adult meal. We also tried croque monsieur, grilled cheese, mac and cheese, and a shrimp dish. All were disappointing for our party.

For us, it was 30 min from entering the line until ordering at the kiosks, a few minutes waiting for a table to open up, 30 min for food to be prepared, another 10 min to get a re-order done due to food allergies, and then 20 min to eat. We were there from 12-1:30 PM, which is not what we expected from a QS lunch. Maybe going outside of 11-1 (as others suggested) might lead to a better experience overall?

2 Likes

Pre-ordering is recommended for breakfast and lunch. Not many people do it, so the kiosk lines are terrible

1 Like

Make sure to go online ordering. I couldn’t find it but was since told it isn’t through the MDE app, use the website. It’s not the usual mobile ordering process.

We enjoyed our breakfast but were on DDP.

2 Likes

We had a 1:30 ADR. We had already preordered online. We showed up at 1:25 and waited 30 minutes to pay. I really don’t understand why it took so long and why they couldn’t charge my credit card on file. We didn’t have any problem getting a table. It took over 15 minutes to get food. We didn’t care for the cupcakes. But the French Onion soup, French Dip Sandwich, chicken salad, and braised chicken were good.

2 Likes

We had a 1.30 lunch and had preordered, arrived at 1.20, 15 mins to pay, 40 min or so wait for the food. I had the croque monsieur and it was very poor, the fries were cold. The coq au vin and turkey sandwich were apparently good. We do like the cupcakes, I’d maybe go just for them next time because I love the theming. I wish dinner hadn’t gone to prix fixe.

3 Likes

Yes!

I wouldn’t mind chillaxing in there when it’s not so crowded.

2 Likes

Just got a 1:55 ADR. Thanks for all the input. If we get to go it will definitely help.

The BOG dinner is probably some of the best dining I’ve had at Disney. The food is amazing and the service is top notch.

Lunch is good but it also feels hectic. If you order in advance, that takes out some of the frustration, but you have to find your own table and it’s so loud and chaotic. Dinner moves at a more relaxed pace.

2 Likes