Which 2014 Food and Wine Festival Event are you most looking forward to?

@Elaine5715 If you want to get someone’s attention use the “@” sign and start typing their user name, options will begin to appear and you can pick their name. They will likely be notified they’ve been tagged.

@Camsdad how do they know which concert you get tickets to? Air Supply VIP is worth it to me!

@MagicMN You have to book the Party for the night of the concert that you want to go. So the Band that you want to see has to be playing on a Saturday night. Also you do not get tickets, you just check in at the pavilion b4 the show and have VIP seats near the front. Also @Elaine5715 the seats are not reserved just a section the earlier you are the closer you are.

Tell the kids to go ride test track and we can sneak pink drinks! LOL

1 Like

@Elaine5715, I think Air Supply’s last night is Oct. 2. Starship is there on Oct. 4. :slight_smile:

I am still so sad that I am missing Air Supply by one day.

I can’t like that @Sing_a_ma_jig_Keli!

I don’t like it either, @GlitchVonSchweetz!

Do those of you who have been to F&W before have advice about the special events? I know the full schedule will come out this week, but I’m not sure what I should do when it is released. My friends and I will only have 2 days and we will all be 1st timers at F&W. Should we just focus on regular Epcot stuff and the kiosks and ignore the special events?

1 Like

@SallyEpp_cot: I haven’t been. This year will be my first time too. I’m looking for advice as well. Back on the other chat (before this came live) and in talking to a few friends who have done F&W, there is nothing wrong with ignoring the special events (especially since many of them are pretty costly). That said, I think I’m gonna try to hit up 2-3 of the special “daily” events like the Sunday Morning With and the Pairings. Party of the Senses is the same night as the Villains Party at HS and I’m going to that, so that excludes POTS for me. And the 3D Dessert thing is the same night as MNSSHP for me (already got tickets). So that’s excluded to for me. Friends of mine said that you can easily spend the entire week roaming around and filling up on just the kiosks. LOL. So I’m trying to balance that as well. My plan is kind of a hybrid then you could say.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, @Darth_DopeyD73. I’m probably going to carefully read the options when they’re released this week and not tell my friends about all of them in detail. I might link to the list for them, and suggest one or two if I see something on our days that seems perfect. They’re getting a bit overwhelmed with my emails (imagine that) so keeping it simple might be best. Like you say, there’s probably plenty to see and eat without extra stuff.

French regional lunches, especially the Burgundy/Boisset and Alsace/Sparr. There’s also a couple of double-super-secret events at the Flying Fish. Swan and Dolphin Classic. Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. The Drinky Mouse Club/Hammered Princesses summit of 2014.

Thinking about Party of the Senses…it will be a first for us :slight_smile:

1 Like

How are the culinary demos?

Good to know. Well I’m going to see air supply! And it’s going to be my first solo trip - all very exciting for me

Is the Saturday Paris breakfast really just coffee and croissants?

@nanbhack1 - Here’s a review of the breakfast from last year. It looks like there were lots of yummy choices.