Where to get the best deal at Swan

I get your nervousness on this! I would be nervous too. Please let us know if you go for it! If you book at the regular rate, it’s cancellable, so that’s also a consideration.

1 Like

Remember Swan is a 4.5* 8-guest resort so you can’t mix it up with the 4* 7-guest Swan.

They do both have the same resort fee. But Dolphin has double beds while Swan has Queen.

If you’re still on the fence, There’s also another trick I just outlined on chat that might help you feel more confident:

Login to Priceline and book a REFUNDABLE deal on some date in the future for the resort you suspect for a deal.

Once you have it booked and While still logged in, go find the hidden deal again. On the deal or booking page you will likely get a message hint that says “You’ve stayed here before!”

Hopefully you are then feeling good about your guess and can book the hidden deal, then go cancel the refundable deal so you don’t get charged.

Oh, and they tell you the hotel within a few seconds of booking.

1 Like

I think I found the Dolphin (which lets me select a king and Swan doesn’t.) Im ok with either resort. Do u think this is Dolphin?

This hotel has 2 doubles or 1 king

Ok, price difference between dolphin and swan is $40 total. Which is better (no pool use)?

I can’t answer the which is better question, I sadly haven’t stayed at either yet.

But yep,that 4*7 is definitely Dolphin.

Btw I’ve had a LOT of threads going on this today and don’t recall if I mentioned this to you yet: if you click through the retailmenot link to Priceline and use their code, you can take another 7% off the rate:

https://www.retailmenot.com/view/priceline.com

Have to click through the link or the promo code Won’t work, don’t forget to enter it on the booking page!

2 Likes

Awesome! This might make it better to do this. Marriott was about 25 average cheaper. Ill weight the pros and cons.

1 Like

Thank you so much @JJT. I just followed this process and got an extra $143 savings on a 5 night Swan trip than booking directly with them! Very nice you shared your time/talents. Appreciated.

2 Likes

My pleasure. :grinning:

Ok, Im doing it. Dolphin $218 a night, incl resort fee and taxes. $871 plus Disney tix price $1038, $1909 total. Before, I was paying $1709 for Pop. And, I might be able to save a few bucks elsewhere on tix. I just hope the Express Deal is Dolphin. Or rather, Dolphin opens. If not, I wonder where they would put me. Well see I guess. Guinea Pig it is :grimacing::grin:

5 Likes

I just kept searching for our dates for the regular rate, then with the AAA, to see if either of them got us a lower total. Since the price was changing so much for our dates (up to $200 then down to $150, etc) I focused on the refundable rates, but they were actually always the same as the nonrefundable for our dates. If you are logged in to your Bonvoy account and there are any special promos for members it will show in the results when you search, or as a new category for things like the special 25% off deal they were running.

2 Likes

Did you book it? How did it go? If not, any chance you’re a teacher? There’s a discount code for teachers for the Dolphin.

2 Likes

Well, my DH stopped me, the non refundable part didnt sit well with him. I really wanted to though. The next best rate for refundable, King selectable was through Marriott themselves. So I booked that. Bummed about the savings I could have had but I will cancel if Disney (unlikely) goes masks optional. If Covid wasnt a thing I would have booked that rate in a heart beat!
Edit: and I picked Swan. But I will check again around Nov. 10th. Long shot but by then I will 100% know if I am going.

1 Like

That’s the part that would have made me pause as well. In these uncertain times …

1 Like

This is my problem with this as well. I booked the Swan with the AAA discount for part of my trip in 2 weeks directly thru Marriott.

1 Like

Shoot, did bonvoy rate. Guess I need to reprice to see if AAA is better. Completely forgot to check :joy:

1 Like

Yep, about $33 a night. Need to get card from DH now, lol.

Is there any discounts on Disney tix with AAA? Didnt even think of this!

We are booked at CBR in January and this is seriously making me reconsider the Swan. Rates directly through Bonvoy are basically the same as the CBR rate right now. And the lack of a lot of the Disney amenities makes it more of an attractive option. Definitely can’t do the nonrefundable option either though, everything is still too uncertain about our trip. (New York travel restrictions are never-ending…)

1 Like

So AAA is better than bonvoy. If ur stay is longer than 2 nights, AAA member ship will put u ahead. Also, I had pop bc of the skyliner but 3 out of 5 days we could walk to the parks MUCH quicker than dealing with the lines and the sky boxes. No kids this trip and we’re not public pool people so other resorts dont necessarily have the advantage (outside of theming). But for me, Pop is just as good as Swan. The room will be nicer. The hotel is not as large. Going to do food delivery 2 nights and Swan will be the better hotel in regards to walking out and meeting the driver at the front. The price is juusssttt slightly bit more than what Im paying for Pop with southern states discount through disney. ($300 for 4 night), with a MUCH better accommodation.

1 Like