Where to get info on park hour changes?

Me too, so the blind leading the blind lol

Looking at wait times day to day that are posted I’m confused about the estimated wait times in my touring plan. I am hoping I can be at least ‘mid’ rope drop crowd (where the TP assumes you’re at the back), and would be able to do TSM with a 20 minute wait or so. As per the wait times from other days it seems you can do could potentially do both.

I would plan to do both before, but if waits were too long just skip ahead to SDD after TSM.

@Jmarkey86 we were chatting in another thread on this too. :slight_smile: But I had to comment thank you for sharing how much you were checking, because you totally have me beat and are inspiring my confidence that SDD just hasn’t dropped yet.

@mandy_elise I am excited there are more of us checking like crazy people. Let’s keep each other posted. :slight_smile:

@Trachen @mandy_elise

I do see a 4:30 PM SDD right now

I’m in on this too. Please, let’s all keep those :eyes: peeled for each other…

@david3

Only if you aren’t going for HS on 2/4/20… ; )

1 Like

Thanks! - I was too slow seeing (or I’m looking for 5, so that could have been it too)

@mandy_elise

I see that it’s gone now too. If you were looking for 5PM you should’ve seen it unless you have something scheduled between 3:30-4:30PM. That’s one of the things I’m worried about… my 2 Tier 2’s are scheduled between 10:30 AM and 1:00 PM, so I don’t think I’ll see a SDD between that time.

Still just pinning my hopes to more SDD drops between 8AM-9AM. Also, if I get one, hoping they don’t move the park opening up to 7AM like they have done from 1/1-2/3. I’m only able to check this frequently b/c it’s Saturday and my family is out of town at the moment.

@mandy_elise @Trachen @david3

Still haven’t seen any new SDD, TOT or Star Tours for my day (2/4/20). Haven’t looked nearly as frequently as I did this past weekend… the reason… we measured our kids again (7 days out). Our DD5 was 46.5" which we expected. Our DS2 was only 37.5" (1/2 inch short of SDD and 7DMT). I swear when I measured him before (in the same shoes, his tallest pair), he was 38.5", but he must have been standing on his tip-toes or something.

So, our new plan is to have my DW take our DS2 to ASS at RD, and then me, DD5, FIL, MIL will go to SDD RD. Then, we will ALL use our TSM FP from 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM.

Therefore… no more need to change TSM FP to SDD FP. God speed to each of you chasing it… if it ever comes.

1 Like

Lol yes I’m still checking for feb 3rd regularity - I still have hope they’ll come, it doesn’t make sense if they don’t!! At this point I’ve dedicated too much effort to give up now lol. I still have my heart set on early morning SDD :slight_smile:

To your point, with my luck we’ll get there and one of my kids will refuse to ride

You are making me feel bad for our plan to even try to get SDD, my DD2 won’t be able to ride either. :slight_smile: Was just planning to RS… Just hoping DD4 is into it!

I have been checking regularly too and still no change (2/13). Will keep you guys posted!

Still checking too…But admittedly not as thoroughly…

Yeah, losing hope! Still nothing new.

@mandy_elise @Jmarkey86 if able, will you let us know how it goes when you are there if they don’t open extra ones? I think the idea above must be right, about limiting the early FP. I am 10 days behind you.

Interesting that 2/4 is still showing the 8am opening. Usually would have changed by now one week away, right? Maybe 8am is here to stay.

Yes I will try to remember to!
I haven’t COMPLETELY lost hope still. I just don’t get the strategy to allow RnR and TSM early morning FP, but not ST, SDD, ASS or ToT… if it was all of them, I could more understand the reasoning. That being said, it seems kind of mean to expand park hires by two hours, which willl inevitably be crazy busy, and then not do most Fastpasses.

I have a 625 SDD… I keep debating back and forth f I should switch it to an early morning TSM, and then hope for a same day drop for SDD, or ride it at park close (since we’re staying at CBR and it’s a quick ride by skyliner, I think we’re going to do what we want in the morning at the park, see how it goes getting a ROTR boarding group etc, then head back to the hotel for a swim (if weather permits) and or just relax time. We’ll then head back for a few hours in the evening when it seems waits are better). Ugh decisions…

1 Like

Ugh, yes I can relate!! I have a late 7dmt at MK… am going to try to RD and then will release it if I succeed so I can get others. I wouldn’t let go of that FP if I were you!

OMG they’re up!!

Got SDD for 730, ST for 830!

GL everyone

@Trachen @david3 go get em

@mandy_elise

Made a last minute change. Instead of everyone having TSM FP, DW and DS RD ASS and the rest of our crew RD SDD.

I ended up getting DW an ASS FP at 8:30 to take our DS. The rest of our crew got the coveted SDD FP at 8:30 as well.

Now, we will all be RD TSM and then go our separate ways. i think this will cut out on the waiting the most.

Good grief, I all but missed that! I’d kinda forgotten about it, just shows. My ideals weren’t available but did manage to snag a couple of SDDs for late arrival day and early departure day so now I have options. Thanks guys! :smiley:

Omg guys! I have been up for four hours with DD2 but didn’t even check… I got my SDD (yay!) at 8:35am but I have a 9:40 for the little mermaid that COULD be blocking me from later FP… there are also 12:50 and 1:30 available but we plan to leave for nap. I would have to move little mermaid all the way back to after nap- or give it up for Disney Jr Dance party (which we plan to do but I don’t think you need a FP) at 10:45 to TRY to move the SDD back a little…

Feels risky and I don’t have Time to go Mess with my TP as I am already late for a meeting.

What to do? I had read of the shows the Little Mermaid is best to FP (we also want to do Frozen but not FP until 4pm).

If they leave the 8am open time I am going to be all messed up with this SDD. Hmmmmm