Where to eat dinner in Epcot

Except in my family where you can go wrong with pizza. Each person has a different favorite kind of pizza (not just toppings but style of pizza) so I think I already have an idea who will love VN and who will be disappointed in my bunch.

We love pizza and where we live (PNW), it isnā€™t all great. It was reasonably priced too. For dinner we shared the 1/2 meter rectangle pizza, for what $39.
For lunch we shared the 20" round pizza for $29. Everyone was happy and dad didnā€™t freak out by the bill. Kids are 17, 15, 10. Often hard to get everyone to agree. And yes, my DS17 would order a $70 steak every meal if it were up to him. Good thing he just got his first job.
We did one character buffet (tusker house). Rest were QS or regular TS. I thought our $90 lunch at BOG was a better value (and tasted better) than our $120 lunch at 50s.

2 Likes

We are just north of Philly and I grew up on Long Island so ā€¦Iā€™m right there with you when it comes to pizza/Italian and Chinese food.

That said, pizza is one of the four things that my 12yo will eat for dinner so I eagerly look for it on kids menus for him. (Interesting note that not one CS location serves pizza in MK. Pinocchio Village House has flat breads, but the 12yo doesnā€™t consider that pizza.

ā€¦and if that is what you regularly eat for pizza, then yes I would get pizza at WDW too. There is a reason that there are no Little Caesars and Pizza Huts in the NY/NY/Philly metro area (or at least very few)!

There are many places with much better pizzaā€¦but at $5 each, hard to justify going anywhere else for our weekly pizza. It is cheaper to eat there for our family than anywhere else.

But it seems that when it is an effort to find a way to please everyone, you can always count on pizza.

It wasnā€™t until I was in my late teens that I discovered that not all pizza was as good as the 5,428 pizza joints that were within 5 miles of my house growing up on Long Island. I was with a youth group that performed at either Carowinds (South Carolina) or Kings Dominion (Virginia) and innocently ordered a piece of pizza. I remember describing it to my parents later as a piece of Wonder bread w/ ketchup and american cheese on it. Now Iā€™m sure it wasnā€™t THAT bad, but to my naive self, it sure felt that way.

My first preference is always brick oven or the pizza joint down the street, in a pinch I will eat Dominoā€™s but place it in a classification of its own (its not pizza, its Dominos). As fare as Pizza Hut and Little Caesarsā€¦I canā€™t bring myself to eat either.

Sorryā€¦confessions of a pizza snob.

1 Like

Any thoughts on Rose and Crown? I think it has something for all of us and will be close to FW if we leave for a break and come back late. I was worried about making it to the back of WS in time for an ADR. Or are Via Napoli and Marrakesh worth making sure to be on the other side of the showcase for?

1 Like

Iā€™d give Rose and Crown a 7 out of 10. The food was quite good. The drinks were very fun. It was quite busy and loud (March?) when we went. I like trying things from other countries. I didnā€™t have a negative experience in any way, and it was interesting.

But I wouldnā€™t put it in my top 10 on property food spots. Would I go back? Absolutely.

(Carl at the pub is a wonderful fellow, too.)

1 Like

Understood. I moved down here (Clearwater) from Bethel! Ayuh, wicked, ya know it, yessa.

1 Like

Funny. To me the worst pizza Iā€™ve had from Little Caesars is better than the best Iā€™ve had from Dominoā€™s. I will eat it, but never will I pay for it!

Fair enoughā€¦but to provide context I think it has been 2 or more years since Iā€™ve had Dominos.

Weā€™re looking forward to Via Napoli. Weā€™re all picky eaters and pizza fans.

My hubby had his jaw wired shut when he was young and swore heā€™d try every pizza possible when that was over. Lol.

We hope to try a lot of snacks at the Food and Wine booths, but itā€™s nice to know we will have a relaxing meal we will DEFINITLEY enjoy. Itā€™s hard with 3 picky eaters!

1 Like

We tried Rose and Crown a few weeks ago and we were disappointed that they had just pulled the steaks off their menu. They said the new manager wanted to serve authentic English food. I was confused since there was an Indian dish on the menu. Anyway, I ended up with a hamburger and fries and my husband had the fish and chips. My burger was nothing special, but my husband liked the fish and chips. We donā€™t plan on going back.

Thanks for the feedback. When I am (at this point obsessively!) searching the choices, R and C gets very hit or miss reviews. The one that everyone (well 99%) give hands down their top choice to is Via Napoli! I guess the pizza is really that good! To me in the pics and video the theming looks just ok but not superior and it seems kind of loud (but we are in Disneyworld after all). There must be some magic going on there though to have such a huge following!
Seriously when I search any Epcot restaurant against VN (not the signature), then VN is always the undisputed winner.
I guess I will go along with the sage advice of you canā€™t go wrong with pizza!

1 Like

We havenā€™t eaten at VN, as I just canā€™t bring myself to eat at another pizza place in DW. Last trip I did give into Blaze Pizza though (which by the way is delicious). My family likes Garden Grill in Epcot. I probably liked breakfast the best. We might possibly try the Hibachi restaurant next trip.

The UK has a large and vibrant Indian community and Indian food is very much a part of the cuisine. When I saw curry on the menu, I actually thought, ā€œwow, how authentic!ā€

3 Likes

Every pub in Great Brittain has curry on their menu! Itā€™s a classic pub dish.

1 Like

Well thatā€™s interesting to know. Makes a little more sense.

We didnā€™t really enjoy VN. But that was just us. Our favorite restaurant in Epcot is Akershus. Itā€™s anazing how different everyoneā€™s tastes are.

1 Like

It is amazing and makes it so confusing! I can only pick one and keep talking myself into different options. I get the feeling though that I probably canā€™t go wrong with whatever I pick!

1 Like

I think the key is to have the right expectations.