Where has the Magic gone?

I think that’s what drives us to these sites like TP in the first place. We are all aware of how things have changed, and how the race is to the swift.

Only now the race is to the rich, or at least those who are willing to pay for the experience.

I am willing- we’re going all-out with club level, club level FP, dessert party, Minnie Van/Uber, etc. etc. because that’s what I perceive it will take for us to have a good time when we go in May.

The flip side of this is that it puts a trip to WDW on par with us going to Europe or Hawaii, which is where we’ve been going for the last six years instead of WDW. We have to fly, with connections anyway. Might as well go overseas, or to NYC, It’s going to cost a fortune either way.

We used to go all the time, but now… I’d rather go SEE the countries in WS, rather than go to WS, the cost is about the same.

3 Likes

You are absolutely right- we are so blessed!

(Hence, we have no desire to go to the Wilderness Lodge, either :grin:).

1 Like

I would be very surprised if that new Star Wars hotel isn’t going to be 100% club level. It’ll be a category unto itself, and it will be booked solid from day one.

2 Likes

Definitely, and I would never want to stay there. A hotel filled with Star Wars geeks - the horror, the horror…

4 Likes

We have done trips to Hawaii and Europe for far less than WDW. Some of that comes down to the fact that I have a ton of air miles and hotel points to burn, but even without that we still could do these vacations for less.

Preach, Brother Pod*, preach. The number of people I have met who don’t want to go to Europe because they “have seen it all in WS” astounds me.

*(Or Sister Pod, as the case may be)

3 Likes

I feel a song coming on. Now, if you will imagine that I sound (and look?) like Faith Hill. Ahem. Lights please.

Where are you, (Disney) Magic?
Why can’t I find you
Why have you gone away
Where is the laughter
You used to bring me
Why can’t I hear (Disney) music play

My (Disney)world is changing
I’m rearranging (my Touring Plan)
Does that mean (Disney) magic changes too

Where are you (Disney Magic)?
Do you remember
The one you used to know
I’m not the same one
See what the time’s done
Is that why you have let me go

Disney is here
Everywhere, oh
Disney is here
If you can afford it!

If there is cash in your wallet and your bank
You will feel like Disney all the time

Oh, I feel you (Disney) Magic!
I know I’ve found you
You never fade away, oh
The joy of Disney
Stays here inside us
Fills each and every shareholder pocket with dough!

Thank you. You may be seated.

4 Likes

Sister Pod, but it’s totally irrelevant as I am a Star Wars geek :wink: