Where do you see yourself in 5 years? --- A Solo Trip Report

My pleasure!

2 Likes

So if I see a pint of chocolate ice cream should I grab it to hand off to you as you wiz by?

I am so glad you are going on this long planned trip.

12 Likes

I’m not not saying you should do that…

7 Likes

Off topic, but can I honestly ask why?

My DH works in warehousing, and it will make you ripped in the beginning, but it will also destroy your body and leave you with very little translatable skills when your body can’t do it anymore. My DH lucked out and got a position doing gatehouse work for the same wages when his health made the physicality of the job no longer viable. Almost every person on his job sites that’s been doing it for 10+ years is destroyed physically. It’s also a often a workspace that disregards people’s work/life balance, with mandatory OT for 10+ days straight.

I’m not gonna tell you not to do it, but make sure you really know what you’re getting into.

6 Likes

I sat at a desk for 10 years in my last job. I’d like an active and physical job for a change. I enjoy weightlifting and feel the warehouse work I’ve been applying to will be a good fit. I did a physical assessment where I got to try it out and it just confirmed it even more for me. I don’t plan on doing it for the rest of my life though, maybe 5-7 years. I’d do it long enough to help pay off DH’s student loans and also put money into my trading account. Once my trading account gets to a certain amount, I plan to switch to doing that full-time as it is something like truly enjoy. So yeah, working in a warehouse would pay me to work out while setting aside money for my ultimate career goal.

Edit: also, the warehouses around here have a much better work/life balance so that helps!

6 Likes

Have THE BEST time and thanks for taking us along!

2 Likes

well, shucks, that was a nice thing to read. thanks so much for sharing. and, as always, bon voyage, safe travels, eat all the cookies and ice cream, all that. we’ll see you soon. looking forward to following along!

4 Likes

Hooray! I hope you have the best time. It would be nice to run into you and all the lovely lady liners too! Guess I’m going to have quite a few trip reports to follow over the next week+

3 Likes

I think you’ll find it’s called Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.

Who are you? @ryan1?

That’s a damn good answer.

Best of all, I will be following. Now that I am no longer bitter about going to WDW I can enjoy other people’s trips again.

There’s also what I call the tyranny of the trip report. You are so focussed on providing content for your audience that you forget to be in the moment and just enjoy it yourself.

15 Likes

coudln’t decide between calling it that or Batuu, so I opted for the generic of generic names: Star Wars Land. :slight_smile:

That’s part of what of makes it go so fast. :frowning:

10 Likes

This makes me happy. You love it to much to deprive yourself, but I understood. Now you get to enjoy it again AND we get one of yours soon!

8 Likes

Agreed.

7 Likes

Don’t be surprised if that gets quoted a whole lot this trip. In fact, it’s pretty safe to say any “oh, my god.” utterance will be that style of delivery. :smirk:

3 Likes

Oh, I’m so excited that you are going again!!! The cat and the mayor story made me cry. :crying_cat_face:

2 Likes

Made the mayor cry too :rofl:

1 Like

:joy_cat:

1 Like

Ohhh I had a no good, very bad day but THIS, this is truly something to look forward to. I can’t wait to see all your amaaaazing pictures of all the new 50th decorations and stuff!!

8 Likes

:frowning:

Eh, it happens. Living vicariously through your trip report will be a bright spot!

That castle cake really was something. I had to go find the picture of it that somehow survived my mom’s house fire. This must be like an OG magic shot!

29 Likes

My family was there in 1997 when the castle was still dressed up! It was gaudy as hell but boy did it leave an impression no one will ever forget. :rofl:

7 Likes