Where do you see yourself in 5 years? --- A Solo Trip Report

Just now catching up with the forum. Thanks @Randall1028 for again taking the time to chronicle your trip. All of the photos are gorgeous, and your candid observations are very much appreciated. Glad that your trip (overall) was a success!

1 Like

Just a note. Apparently this was a bigger deal than I realized.

Opening day cast member, Randy Morris

11 Likes

This would have been my spot if Casey’s hadn’t messed up my mobile order.

4 Likes

Y’know what? I’m bringing this back from the dead so we can talk about this.

WHY is POG Juice a friggin White Whale? I have been trying to get my hands on some to where it doesn’t cost a car payment per gallon.

$45 for JUICE? FOR JUICE?! Oh an that lil’ 3.45 guy? Yeah he’s only in PORTLAND, OR.

It’s flavored sugar water! Why does it cost a kidney? Did no one think to combine these flavors before Disney went all in on it

3 Likes

What if you got the fruits you need and juiced them yourself?

1 Like

No one sells passionfruit around here.

Check ACME.
The website says they have it

(look out for roadrunners)

1 Like

my dumbass just typed in “acme.com” (it’s not bad, it’s just …literally what you think SHOULD be…)

…i’m so smrt.

2 Likes

sadly, no joy.

Not here.

Best i got is a sorbet.

Welp

I tried!

(that looks yummy)

1 Like

And Spokane, WA where I live. Should I ship you some? :rofl:

1 Like

I’m certainly considering it. I mean, I don’t WANT to pay $10/qt for this stuff…but I did pay $7 for a friggin 8oz cup of it when I ordered it from Kona that one time (I was so pissed).

Wasn’t this trip, it was a future one… but still.

1 Like

I go to an Asian market here in Arizona that sells these cans (two different brands – they have other flavors as well). It’s really good. See if there’s an Asian market in your area – they often have specialty items like this.

Also the Meadow Gold box in your post is actually a pretty reputable brand. We used to get that when I lived in Hawaii.

ETA: Oh just reread that part about it only being available in Portland, OR.

2 Likes

Is it Lee Lee? I loved that store!

1 Like

The one I go to is called Mekong, but there are several different ones in the Valley!

1 Like

:astonished:

Great idea! There’s actually one not too far from me. And if the photos from google are any indication, I take back 5 things Mousematt said about you!

(might not be exact, but if it’s that close, i got a shot)

9 Likes

Now I’m going to scroll through this old TR and see if I’m in the background of any photos :wink:

5 Likes

Enjoy. It was a great trip :slight_smile:

3 Likes