Where do you see yourself in 5 years? --- A Solo Trip Report

What I can’t figure, is there’s a whole bunch of media here with lights and cameras in everything else… But there’s no show for them to film?

Just a host talking about something. Seems like they coulda done that any day.

4 Likes

They’re maybe just trying to record the atmosphere.

1 Like

Of course ABC is showing coverage on Good Morning America. Looked like Chapek was live but everything else was clearly taped, so far any way.

ETA: How disappointing to have Chapek be what they give you live!

5 Likes

Is anyone else emotional right now? I probably should have taken the day off. Every pic makes me teary eyed. And I work with all men, so it’s not cool.

3 Likes

Every other news story last night on the local evening news was about Disney’s 50th. We were supposed to be in EC last night but DH didn’t want to deal w/ traffic last night and then he said, “Let’s just go to the parks tomorrow (Friday) instead” :face_with_raised_eyebrow: good thing I was wearing shades :sunglasses:. I nicely told him there are no park res avaiable, I cancelled the ones we had and I didn’t want to be there for the crowds. After @Randall1028 reporting of NO opening show I would have been really pissed . if I had gotten up early, stood in line, and then heard, “Welcome!” just like any other day at the parks :angry:

3 Likes

He’s here.

People cheering and clapping for him. Yelling “great job” :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Yes. I started a thread for HBD wishes and said exactly that. I can’t stop tearing up today. I am just so grateful for WDW

5 Likes

for what? :exploding_head: what job exactly? what color are their noses? :face_with_monocle:

6 Likes

They have a 50th lunchbox on shop Disney!

3 Likes

I understand that but for me, crowds or not, I’d still be there if I could just to soak it all in and feel the excitement. I am using the 50th mug I got last week and wearing my 50th Castle shirt to be there in spirit :blush:

Thanks @Randall1028 for taking those of us at home along!

8 Likes

Waits are surprisingly low. … we should ride something.

And I is people… soooo

13 Likes

I am wrong. It is a pin of the lunchbox :rofl:

1 Like

Sun is brrrutal this morning

4 Likes

Also, 50th extras aside, that new welcome show is straight terrible. No princesses, no classic music, not even a skit.

It’s getting worse instead of better since they killed the train station one.

4 Likes

So disappointing I thought they would go all out today, with at least characters.

4 Likes

Looks delicious though! Besides, sears are overrated. It’s helping you get your steps

2 Likes

I understand ppl wanting to be there just to be there. I’m not one of those. Everyday I’m there is a special day. I also don’t ask for autographs from “famous” ppl. Ok ok I did ask a mathematician once to sign her book for me.

3 Likes

10 Likes

Me too! I’m standing in a random parking lot instead as my DD17 takes her road test. Trying really hard to not let my heart beat out of my chest.

5 Likes

Movin’ and groovin’

1 Like