Where do I find help?

I have not used Touringplans in a long time, and I am not sure where to start. I can see my Dashboard, and I like the chart I see on the first page, but I don’t see a way to print it out, Surely there is a way to do that and I am just not seeing the option.

The Trip Box is what I am hoping to print out.

and please tell this newbie what a “Liner” is.

I’m not sure if there is a specific function to print only that portion. You can use Ctrl+P to print the web page but it will print the entire page.

If you’re on windows 7 or 8 you can use the snipping tool to create an image of the part you want and then print that.

@len, @daybreaker does this functionality exist or is it being added?

A Liner is what something that uses the touring plans website is referred to as. The mobile application is called lines hence a user is termed liner. You can also access your trip information and all touring plans from that app as well if it is easier than printing it out for you.

Welcome! I see @Outer1 just beat me to the answer, but I wanted to say hello as well.

Also, you can email the touring plans staff for help at anytime. They’re very good about responding. The email is webmaster@touringplans.com. I can’t remember who developed the actual Dashboard, but whoever is on-duty for the general emails should be able to connect you with the right person.

I’ve only ever printed the touring plans. The dashboard is new, so I think staff are still playing around with how people will use it. Your question might lead to a print button in the future!

I hope you feel welcome here, and please ask if you have any other questions.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply and educating me on Liners. I am kind of old school and hard copies work best for me.

1 Like

And thank you Sally, is there a tutorial somewhere or suggestions on how t make the most of this system? I am feeling a bit lost as to how to best get going after putting my dates and resort info in.

2 Likes

There isn’t a tutorial, but here’s what I have found useful.

1. I looked up the dates around my trip on the crowd calendar and clicked on “track this date” for each one that I’m looking at. That will make them show up in the dashboard or in the Crowd Tracker. The difference between the Crowd Calendar and the Crowd Tracker is that the first shows all dates for a year and the second only shows your own dates. This information is very useful when you’re trying to decide which park you should visit on each day. For example, if Magic Kingdom is least crowded on Tuesday, then you should plan to go there that day and not make a dinner reservation for something at Animal Kingdom that day.

2. I used the Unofficial Guide book for most of my research. A lot of the same information is available on the website, but I liked paging through the book.

3. A lot of your planning will happen on the Disney website - My Disney Experience. You’ll use that to make dining reservations (ADRs) and FastPass reservations. I think the Dashboard will eventually be able to keep track of all those things for you as well, but I’m not sure that this part of it is fully functional yet.

4. The most useful tool will be the Touring Plans. You can choose pre-made plans or create your own personalized plans. I love making personal Touring Plans for each day of my trip. Try making one for a day of your trip, and you’ll see how it shows up in the Dashboard and helps you figure out things like lunch breaks, FastPass windows and the optimized order to do different attractions.

This is just some starter advice, so please do ask if you get stuck.

1 Like

Thank you again for your response and your time. This will help me get started. :smile:

1 Like

I don’t think we have a specific “Print My Dashboard” page, but it’s an excellent idea. I’ll ask Sarah to look in to it.

In the meantime, @Outer1’s suggestion to print is a good one. Let me know how it goes, please!

1 Like

Thanks @len I know I tag you all the time lol.

1 Like