When's the best time to go?

Okay Breaking news— if there aren’t any other life changes perhaps. DH agreed 2021 is a good return year…current children will 7 and 4.

1 Like

We went Sep 8-16 this year, and that is definitely still summer weather! If you can get used to being sweaty all day every day, the crowds are great. That said, this was my second September trip and I don’t want to roll the dice on hurricane season a 3rd time, so I am planning for the week after Thanksgiving 2020 for the next trip. I think the crowds should be low, the weather should be cool, and the Christmas decorations should be up.

But that’s when I’m going, so don’t anyone else go then! I don’t want a bump in crowd levels due to my promotion.

2 Likes

Haha. Good to know! Yea I don’t think we could handle September, I was so sweaty last week!

It’s a balance though because my kids will def want to use the pool. So don’t want it cold out either.

We like the last week in January. The crowds are manageable, but it can be a bit cool for Florida standards. We bring sweatshirts for the evenings and wear long pants on some days. We do not do heat well either! But we are from New England so it’s never too cold in Florida to swim. We went in May a couple years ago and it was 90-100 degrees every day. We barely did the parks and spent a ton of time in the pool. Felt like a waste of money to even have park tickets.