When you can travel again what do you want to do? Realistic and fantastic ideas

I used to teach Physics at High School, they gave me a Psychology class that was half AP and half Probably_Won’t_Graduate. So, I was scrambling. The kids took that test. One kid was no more than 1% off 50% in each of the categories.

Was supposed to go to Bora Bora leaving on Tuesday. Also was planning on going to Scotland with my family in August which has now been cancelled due to family health issues. I want to push my Bora Bora trip to next April, Scotland to next August and want to go to Disney in October… I have major travel fever… Can’t do all of those but oh if I could… “out there, strolling by the Siene, taste the morning out there, like ordinary men, who freely walk, up out there, just one day out there.”

1 Like

I’m the opposite - 51% E and 49% I or something close to that. I am ENFJ and while just about any destination intrigues me, the line about being a people pleaser and wanting to build community really hit home. LOL

1 Like

We think we will have to cancel our DLR trip in June and our August trip to London. I am planning a possible trip to the southern utah national parks to replace the London trip but wonder about getting on a plane in August we will see. I am desperate for the desert and wide open spaces.

All this said, me and DD are daydreaming a 2 week trip that starts in CO to visit family, goes through Moab and its National Parks, Bryce Canyon, Zion National Park, Vegas (long enough to stay at the Mirage), LA finishing with 5 days at DLR. I want this trip desperately.

I think I said desperate twice. Oh my. Virginia is on stay at home until June 10 :thinking:

1 Like

I’m sure our July cruise will be cancelled so we’ll rebook it for next year. We weren’t planning to go back to Disney til 2022 anyway.

We went to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls when our kids were very small. It was wonderful.

I was booked on a cruise for June and had to cancel it. I still want to do it someday. I’ve kept paying attention to the cruise news and the reason you’re not finding deals right now is likely because the cruise lines are offering future cruise credits in lieu of the canceled ones that sound generous, such as 125% credit. But people are finding that even with that extra 25% they can’t replace what they lost, or just break even. The cruise lines are trying to sound generous to entice guests to do future credit instead of refund but then they’re trying to save money by increasing the prices. The vloggers I watch are expecting that prices will decrease once most people have rebooked. Of course, like most things right now, this is just speculation…but it made sense to me.

3 Likes

My should be considered realistic, at least a few months ago, ideas would be meet my DS for dinner and get to fly to see my DD and DGDs.

2 Likes

I’m ready to travel just about anywhere but as far as plans go, I’m going to Disney in March (with DF) but I’m hoping to travel to Vienna and Prague that summer…we’ll see how things play out (of course.)

2 Likes

Awww. :heart_eyes:

I was just looking at pics of the kids at Hampton Beach. (I know, not everyone’s favorite NH beach, but it’s where I went as a kid and it has mega nostalgia for me.) It was such a gorgeous day today, it got me thinking about this summer. I wonder where we’ll go for swimming in the coming months.

1 Like

This was a fantastic trip idea before Covid-19 - due to scheduling more than anything - and remains a fantastic trip idea, still for [other] scheduling reasons.

What I’d love to do is collect my sister and her granddaughter (minimum) and (optimum) grandson and 4 great grandkids and spend a long weekend at Great Sand Dunes National Park. Water and sand in the center of the country.

Back when it was merely a National Monument we spent some fun time camping here. It was our grandson’s and granddaughter’s pick for repeat visit over Yellowstone NP.

Somehow my sister and her granddaughter haven’t been. A serious oversight.

A really great fantastic trip would be to continue west to Durango - narrow gauge railroad - and a bit further to Four Corners.

Really wonderful add on to the Great Sand Dunes would be the Cumbres and Toltec train which I’ve not been on yet.

I would really, really like to take our trip to Northern Michigan. We have a big house rented just outside Glen Arbor, near the Sleeping Bear Dunes lakeshore.

The plan was for my family (DH, DS16, DD7 and myself) to go with my dad, my brother and my sister with her three boys (6, 5, & 5). We did this last year, had campfires every night, during the day we would do activities like biking, dune climbs and the Lake Michigan beach. DD7 and her cousins ran wild and had so much fun. The adults and DS16 played cards and games every night it was fantastic. I could really use this, but our reservation is the first week of August and I don’t know if it will happen. It’s already paid for, we can get our money back if we cancel by the end of May, so I am just being hopeful, but I realize it may not happen.

I also really need an amazing 2022 Disney trip. We were supposed to be there right now, today was our Epcot day.

1 Like

This sounds awesome. We enjoyed our visit to Sleeping Bear Dunes years ago. There’s a lot of fun in card games every night. At my aunt’s lake cabin we’d play nightly poker - with M&Ms for chips. Game over when there was nothing left to bet with. :grin:

1 Like