When will real rope drop DHS occur?

With new hours for the last week of February, 2021 for Hollywood Studio HS, when do you think the gates will really open? 9AM new official park open so 830AM unofficial entry? I see Ronto Roasters starts at 8:30AM

The earliest of visitors (walkers) have been arriving around 7:40-7:50 and entering the park around 8:05-8:15. No set time on gates opening, but usually around 45 minutes or so prior to official open.

1 Like

I’ve been hearing that they aren’t letting cars into the parking before a certain time. What time can cars get in to park?

Approximately 8:00-8:10, and depending on how busy they expect it to be on that day. They don’t open the parking lots until the security/temperature check stations are open.

0900 opening this week and they didn’t start letting cars into park until 0815. Sat there 15 min watching skyliner move though. Once parked we walked through screening, security and magic banding ( what are they called?)

1 Like

That makes sense on the less crowded days.

So, Skyline starts 1 hour before parks open (?) and Friendship boats from Yacht Club/BC leave dock at what time for early opening?

Yes I do know that the Skyliner starts dropping off at HS right around the same time as the buses, but I don’t recall when the first boat riders come in.

bebe80, what did you mean by walkers? Also, if your taking Uber or Lyft can you get dropped off before they allow cars into the parking lot. We are trying to figure out the best way to be near the front of Rope Drop.

I saw NO cars being let in earlier before all. No buses either, for that matter

Walkers from the Crescent Lake resort area. This is the only way to get at the front of the security/temp check line. See article under “rope drop in the covid era”

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/rope-drop

I believe the same time