When Will 2022 Discounts Release?

Does anyone have a best guess when Disney will release 2022 discounts for hotels and packages?

I know there’s no way to know for sure (especially with the 50th anniversary going on), but what has been the historical precedent?

We have a late April trip booked. I don’t want to miss the opportunity to save a few dollars… which I will probably end up spending on something else on our trip!

According to the Military Disney Tips newsletter they should have already dropped (Jul/Aug)… so I’ve been waiting to see the discounts for 2022 to drop any day.

Don’t know the answer to your specific question, but they never released 2021 discounts after September. Makes me wonder if they plan to remain stingy due to increased travel/reopening of the border. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I was chatting w/ a TA and she was waiting for the military room discounts to drop still too. But maybe there won’t be any :frowning:

ETA: this is from No 2022 WDW Disney Armed Forces Salute So Far • Military Disney Tips Blog

Recent Salute Release History

The last 3 normal years the Disney Armed Forces Salute release has been the last Thursday in September

• 2020 Salute – Thursday, 26 September 2019
  • 2019 Salute – Thursday, 27 September 2018
  • 2018 Salute – Thursday, 28 September 2017

The 2 years prior to that the last Wednesday and Friday.

• 2017 Salute – Wednesday, 28 September 2016
  • 2016 Salute – Friday, 25 September 2015

So, yesterday would have been the day I expected the announcement, or very possibly today 1 October 2021 for the 50th Anniversary.

But it’s after 9 a.am. east coast time and nothing yet.

So Now What?

I have heard unsubstantiated reports of a release from early to mid October. But also Mid November.

So we are gust going to have to wait a little longer…

@TheSafetyLady and @vcka – I didn’t want to consider that Disney wouldn’t drop any discounts. :slight_smile: I will keep maintaining hope they will drop something soon!

2 Likes

I will hope along w/ you. :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: I want some military room rates :wink:

Historical Discounts - release dates, booking dates, travel dates

2 Likes

Still waiting for Disney to release discounts for last week’s trip!

2 Likes

Based on the number of bookings I am doing, as a low volume agent, and hearing what my full-time colleagues are booking, I’m not sure Disney will be in a place to need to offer discounts at least until next summer. I feel like if they do have something (and this is purely my own personal musings - I do t have any inside knowledge) it will be very small and very limited.

1 Like

Yeah Disneyland seems to still be offering them and not filling up but when I look at WDW entire dates are completely booked out. I don’t think there’s gonna be a need at least for the next few months for WDW to release a sale if they can book out at full price.

2 Likes

Based on that link (and according to last year), today should be the day discounts were dropped. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got a code yesterday for DL and rolled my eyes because I longed all summer for a WDW code. Although, if I could swing a DL trip prior to my WDW trip in 37 days I would do it. :blush:

2 Likes

Now that I think about it, I received an email survey from Disney a few months ago about my upcoming stay. One of the questions was “High likely are you to keep your reservation?”

Those surveys may influence their decision on the discounts.

2 Likes